Hamilton Island in the heart of the tropical Whitsundays is Australia's favourite island holiday destination. As the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, our safe waters, spectacular marine life and relaxed island lifestyle is a magnet for tourists and holiday makers from around the world.
Our renowned day spa, Spa Wumurdaylin, offers a range of specialised holistic spa, massage and skincare therapie. The spa has eleven treatment rooms including three couples’ rooms, two vichy shower rooms and two rain shower rooms.
Spa Wumurdaylin currently has vacancy for an experienced and qualified Assistant Spa Manager.
About The Role
- Assist the Spa Manager in the daily operations of the business
- Maintain a high level of Presentation & Grooming at all times
- Assist the Spa Manager in leading and training the Spa Therapists Team
- Assist the Spa Manager as required, with staff recruitment, performance, training and rosters
- Provide all treatments as required on the Spa menu of services
- Have a strong and thorough knowledge of all products used, treatments and services offered by the Spa
- Ensure sufficient stocks of appropriate linen, robes, and slippers are available at all times
- Keep all internal and external areas of the Spa clean
- Additional training required throughout
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to be part of a united team and community
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Cert IV Massage and/or Diploma in Remedial Massage and/or Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Excellent understanding of the spa, health and well-being industry
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role
- Proven Management skills
- An current Open Driver Licence
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Extra qualifications and experience in Reiki or other specific treatments will be highly regarded
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers