A great opportunity has opened in our Aviation Protection Team. Your job is to ensure the aviation safety and security integrity of the airport and effectiveness of service provided to all guests and residents. We required a female APO to screen our female passengers
About The Role:
- Safety and Security; Administration; Leadership; Work place health and safety duties and accountabilities
- Provide quality internal and external customer service
- Perform passenger and checked bag screening duties as defined by the Methods, Techniques and Equipment to be used for Screening, Aviation Transport Security Regulations 2005.
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of the sterile area environment
- Enforce and report on safety and security issues at the airport
- Conduct regular patrols and surveillance
- Investigate and monitor safety and security breaches
- Identify and attend to customer requirements in an effective and timely manner
- Record operations log entries daily
- Brief immediately on any significant safety & security matters. Participate in the required trainings and exercises
- Promote teamwork, encourage consultation, communication, role modelling & continuous improvement
- Monitor compliance to relevant statutory regulations and airport policies and guidelines
- Ensure all relevant legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to
- Identify any WH&S issues, report using appropriate procedures
- Ability to be approved for an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) (Essential)
- Appointees will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing and pre-employment testing under the requirement of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR)
- Experience in a highly regulated environment (Essential)
- Minimum Certificate II in Security Operations qualification (Essential)
- Certificate in Screen People Screen Items (Essential)
- Dangerous Goods Certificate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills
- Good organisational and management skills
- High administrative and customer service skills
Culture and Benefits:
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.