Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 61 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and has built a new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that has been live since October, 2011. The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Primary function is to communicate with customers, sell, receives cash in payment for goods or services by performing the following duties.
Excellence. At $100 million in revenues, we are a large company and we need to strive for excellence in order to maintain our momentum. We may not be excellent all the time, but we must move toward excellence and embrace the change needed to continuously improve.
Dignity. Maintaining the Taira family values of treating everyone with kindness and respect. Respecting ourselves and others. Honoring our commitments. Holding each other accountable. Practicing what we preach. Appreciating each others differences. Professionalism.
Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard. Be honest. Push back. Give feedback to others about their behavior and how it affects you. Deliver the message in a way that can be “heard” and understood by others – not in an angry, sarcastic or disrespectful way; “energetic vs. emotional.” Share information. Manage conflict vs. avoiding conflict. Take personal responsibility for creating trust within the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operates cash register following sales and cash handling procedures outlined in training manual.
2. Balances at the end of shift. Computes and records totals compared to cash register tape and verify against cash on hand.
3. Makes change, and issues receipts or tickets to customers.
4. Record amounts received, refunds, voids, cash drops, and keeps documentation reports of transactions.
5. Gives cash refunds or issues credit to customers for returned merchandise with manager approval.
6. Takes food to tables and wipes tables, chairs, and prepares customer areas for seating.
7. Maintains and re-stocks items needed for business needs.
8. Helps prep foods, performs other minor duties to prepare food products as needed.
9. May need to complete plates such as syrup, toppings, and dressings to complete orders to complete the plate.
10. Checks the portions, presentation, and quality of plate before customers receive plates.
11. Keeps customer and employee areas clean, safe, and stocked for daily business.
12. Understands the sense of urgency and team effort needed to operate business.
13. Able to communicate well, give good customer service, and keep within our business philosophy.
14. Maintains daily maintenance in service areas, building , inside and outside
15. Inform management of necessary improvements in physical conditions building repairs and maintenance.
16. Recycle all products that many be reused (Ex. Buttercups, jam, crayons, napkins, and etc.)
17. Follow all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by the health department.
18. Clean walls, floors, urinals, stalls, mirrors, sanitize, restock paper and soap, doors, toilets, both customer and employees.
19. Restock needed paper good and products in restrooms. (Toilet tissue, hand towels, seat covers, hand soap, and other supplies.
20. Insure the working and business environment safe for customers and employees
21. Remove all trash from building both inside and outside.
22. Clean trash cans both inside and outside
23. General clean up
24. Clean, empty, replace trash liners in, kitchen bakery, offices, and storage areas
25. Keep storage closets, mops, and storage areas clean.
26. Sweep and mop floors when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be Safety conscience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Serv Safe Certified.
Able to read, speak, and understand English clearly for customer orders.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to exert finger/hand manipulation in the performance of the essential functions of the job classification.
• Ability to distinguish objects using the sense of sight and smell to perform essential functions of the job classification.
• Ability to lift objects in the performance of the essential functions of the job classification.
• Ability to communicate orally in the performance of the essential functions of the job classification.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This Position Description indicates the critical features of the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.