The Bakery Manager is responsible for providing efficient and effective management, coordination, and supervision of bakery operations, with an emphasis on providing excellent guest service distinguished by Aloha behaviors and irresistible Hawaiian baked goods. The Bakery Manager models Aloha Spirit at all times as evidenced by having meaningful interactions, working well with others, developing sustainable relationships, taking responsibility for own commitments and behaviors, and creating an environment where employees are empowered to create an Aloha Experience for guests and coworkers.
Planning – 15%
- Participates in the King’s Hawaiian Retail strategic, operational, and capital planning processes.
- Creates annual bakery budget working with the General Manager and Finance.
- Forecasts staffing, ingredients, and production requirements for daily and holiday planning.
- Ensures proper staffing levels are maintained and uses appropriate data for accurate scheduling.
- Develops best practices for bakery.
- Creates project plans and action plans for bakery that align with company initiatives.
- Evaluates staff and creates a pipeline for future staffing needs through developmental activities.
- Maintains awareness of current industry trends as input to planning.
Supervision – 20%
- Provides leadership to all departments in the building.
- Actively recruits and maintains proper staffing and scheduling of all departments to meet business needs and labor objectives.
- Meets regularly with direct reports to share vision, objectives and expectations, evaluate operating plan, provide feedback on individual and team assigned tasks and goals, and to deliver status updates.
- Inspects and follows up on assigned tasks and goals to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Gives timely and accurate evaluations to direct reports.
- Delivers or provides training and resources required for direct reports to perform their roles.
- Trains, coaches, and develops direct reports to ensure they are consistently providing Aloha service standards.
- Oversees safety training and communication; conducts monthly safety training and sign off.
- Demonstrates hands on approach ensuring product quality and Aloha service consistently meet company standards.
Operations – 35%
- Performs managerial functions effectively and efficiently; supports all operational processes, systems, audits, and controls.
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards ensuring maximization of resources and consistent delivery of quality goods and services.
- Maintains systems and tools for accurate ordering, inventory, and scheduling to minimize waste and drive productivity.
- Uses the schedule as a tool to drive productivity and motivation and to eliminate or minimize overtime and meal penalties.
- Develops and maintains systems and processes to measure quality and execution of food, beverage, and service levels that include the Aloha Behaviors.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements new or improved systems, processes and equipment to drive operational efficiencies, improved quality and/or safety.
- Uses approved processes to maintain all food and safety government agency and third party inspection scores at 90% or higher.
- Acts upon guest feedback, making sustained corrections or adjustments to resolve product or service issues.
- Resolves problems and effectively implements change in a manner that is not disruptive to the business.
- Assists with coordinating catering orders and special events with deliveries and scheduling; supports catering as needed.
- Ensures all cash handling and security procedures are followed.
Financial – 15%
- Manages financial opportunities daily including labor, cost of goods, utilities, supplies, and R&M to ensure financial results meet or exceed budgeted goals.
- Maintains accountability to budgets and assigned financial goals; develops corrective action plan with General Manager to address any negative variances.
Coordination and Communication – 15%
- Provides relief management for managers/supervisors not present in order to resolve any problem arising in the building.
- Participates in brainstorming and collaborates on cross-departmental work and projects.
- Works with maintenance team to ensure equipment P.M.’s (Preventative Maintenance) and emergency maintenance is performed to specified guidelines.
- Participates in planning of holiday and special event production in collaboration with marketing and other departments.
- Collaborates with General Manager and Special Projects Manager to assess current work structure for holidays and special projects; identifies and recommends changes to develop a more efficient model.
- Coordinates with Support Services (IT, HR, Finance, and Accounting) as needed.
Health and Safety – Employees are responsible for following and promoting these activities at all times:
- Follows all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by the health department.
- Cooperates on all matters relating to safety and health in the work area and positively promotes safety in operations.
- Understands and complies with all general and specific safe job procedures that apply to this job including: using knives safely, wearing slip resistant shoes, utilizing proper lifting techniques, and not taking shortcuts.
- Plans and carries out job assignments without creating hazards to oneself and other employees.
- Reports all unsafe conditions or equipment immediately.
- Immediately reports all accidents to the General Manager and obtains first aid for all injuries.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above