The Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor is to serve as QA technical resource and shift leader to all hourly QA/C personnel. This position reports directly to the plant QA Manager. The critical technical functions of the position are to assist the QA Manager to develop, implement, maintain, provide training on and ensure effectiveness of plant food safety and QA/C functions.
• Provide QA oversight and technical supports to the plant in the areas food safety and quality compliance.
• Supervise, coach, train and develop hourly QA/C personnel.
• Lead or participate in the plant continuous improvement efforts especially those related to food safety and quality.
• Assist QA Manager to develop, implement, maintain and provide training on plant food safety and QA/C programs.
• Assist QA Manager to investigate external and internal complaints.
• Assist QA Manager to assess and develop work schedules of hourly QA/C personnel.
• Conduct formal audits to ensure effectiveness of plant food safety and QA/C program.
• Address non-compliance concerns by developing and implementing corrective actions.
• Assure QA/C tools are properly calibrated to provide accurate results.
• Assure Hold/Disposition functions are conducted in accordance with the established procedures.
• Assure food safety and QA/C records are complete and properly maintained.
• Perform other related departmental duties as assigned by QA Manager.
Functional and Technical Skills
• BS Degree in Food Science / Technology or other related degrees.
• 2 – 6 years of food / beverage manufacturing (FDA or USDA) QA/C experience; bakery experience is highly preferred.
• 1 – 3 years of QA/C Supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership competencies.
• Willing and able to work flexible schedule.
• Formal training on / strong working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, GMP, HACCP and other food safety / quality programs.
• Hands-on GMP / Food Safety / Quality System audit experience.
• Working knowledge of current SQF (Level 2 or 3) / BRC certification, Silliker, AIB and other major food safety / quality audit requirements.
• Familiar with current food regulatory requirements and standards.
• Demonstrated ability to address non-conformances by developing and implementing effective corrective actions.
• Strong working knowledge of common food QA/C laboratory methods.
• Able to effectively communicate verbally as well as in writing; demonstrated ability to write effective QA/C procedures and technical reports; bilingual in English / Spanish is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team based and fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced computer skills: MS Excel / Words / Outlooks.
• Able to travel (5 – 10%) as required.
• 1 – 3 years of food / beverage QA/C Supervisory experience is highly preferred.
• Effective and proven project management skills.
• Critical, analytical thinker with a proven ability to develop and implement corrective actions to food safety and quality concerns.
• Hands-on analytical approach and style that encourages change and creative problem solving.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact both inside and outside the organization.
• Able to lead and follow.
• Committed to continuous improvement in a dynamic industry.
• Flexible and willing to handle an ever changing work environment.
• Strong organizational skills; results oriented; tenacious; creative.
Note: This Position Description indicates the critical features of the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required