King’s Hawaiian is an amazing family-owned company, experiencing rapid growth in the Hawaiian Food category. Our continued success depends on the hiring, developing, retaining and promoting of great people. We place tremendous emphasis on culture, values and the specific behaviors needed to create a wonderful place to work where people can learn, grow and make an impact, both for the company and for the employee.
To initiate, develop and implement capital projects that improve the facilities operation and support the strategic direction of the company. To provide the leading edge technical expertise and engineering services in the area of process, packaging and system technology. To provide support to Kings Hawaiian Supply chain, Plant Operations and Business Development Groups strategic initiatives. To create an agile, reliable and cost effective organization/support group that is viewed as a key contributor to the organizations success.
- Provide engineering support and serve as technical resource to all Kings Hawaiian facilities in area of training and advice, codes and policies, which affect safety, quality, and productivity.
- Support the development and mentoring of Jr level engineers within the company.
- Collaborative team effort with plant operations to identify and develop the CAPEX plan for the year that support the King’s Hawaiian strategic plan, the plants efficiency improvements and maintaining operations.
- Prepare and Develop CER’s (Capital Expenditure Requests) for projects as per capital plan. These projects can range from the simple equipment replacement to very complex multitasking plant expansion or line extensions.
- Implementing and/or Facilitate the capital projects within schedule and budget guidelines considering such factors as safety, sanitation, regulatory codes, energy, environmental, and applicable standards.
- Accountable for the financial control (PO, invoice and closing) of the CAPEX project once approved.
- Provide regular scheduled capital project updates to both plant management and Director of Engineering.
- Supervise contractors, vendors, and outside engineering firms. Provide a safe and healthy work environment during all project installations to protect personnel, food and plant.
- Developing and maintaining King’s Hawaiian Engineering policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains positive vendor relationships and ensures vendor adherence to King’s Hawaiian’s corporate values.
- Responds to all mandates and coordinates inspections with local, state and Federal agencies in regards to safety and compliance.
- Continually evaluates new equipment and production techniques to ensure that King’s Hawaiian is on the leading edge of bakery technologies.
- Ability to travel up to 30%