The Production Manager, Commissary is a management position within the Hawaiian Foods process. The primary focus of this position will be managing the day to day activities of the Commissary/Innovation center to ensure that the highest safety and quality standards are achieved. The Production Manager will be responsible for efficient and timely production for King’s Hawaiian restaurants, grocery, Ecommerce, Food Science and research needs. Additional responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. This position will report to the Director of Innovation.
• Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule in coordination with each customer’s needs.
• Ensuring that the production is cost effective, monitoring efficiencies and waste through metrics.
• Making sure that products are produced on time and are within quality standards.
• Estimating and reviewing costs and monitoring and documenting process controls.
• Coordinating with Maintenance, Sanitation, Production, Warehouse, and Quality to achieve the commissary’s goals.
• Supervising and motivating a team of up to 20 workers, including full time and temporary
• Identifying training needs including training or directing the training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
• Monitors, inventories, and requests raw material for production and packaging.
• Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
• Estimates production capactities and provides recommendations for improving effiecnies and capabilities.
• The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
• Bachelor’s degree Operations Management, or equivalent.
• 5-7 years of commissary or bakery experience required.
• Has succeeded in a high SKU production environment.
• Strong leadership experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
• Strong understanding of baking or food science, and operations.
• Thorough knowledge of Excel, Word, and Windows.
• Strong and effective communication skills – written & oral.
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Financial skills and understanding