OCHIN is currently looking for a talented Vice President of Human Resources to join our team!
The VP of Human Resources will shape and integrate OCHIN’s approach to recruiting and talent development, performance management, equity and inclusion, and workplace culture in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
This role is perfect for an experienced human resources professional who is excited to join a dynamic, mission-driven organization at a period of significant growth and change. This role will have a deep commitment and a confirmed professional record of advancing equity, diversity and inclusion. The VP of Human Resources is a natural leader ready to guide the team responsible for all HR activities at OCHIN. This role will have the experience needed to develop talent, deliver solutions and expand programs to support a virtual workforce. A successful VP will have experience leading through change related to acquisitions and partnerships to maintain and strengthen culture and workforce.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who values intellectual curiosity and takes a solutions-based approach to work across the organization to ensure OCHIN is an employer of choice, cultivates our culture as a learning organization, and accelerates our efforts to be a more diverse and inclusive organization.
At OCHIN, we are more than a health IT organization: we share a passion improving access to affordable health care with our customers. Our ideal candidate recognizes the potential of our culture of innovation, collaboration, inclusion and excellence and is excited to play a key role in driving towards our most immediate goals and long-term vision for impact.
Some of the work you'll do:
- Strategic Leadership: Lead Human Resources organizational direction discussions and communications with stakeholders. Partner with executive team and Board to analyze, review and continuously develop business strategies that both enrich our collaborative, business, and grow our team members
- Team Development: Lead, build, motivate, and define positive outcomes for the HR team
- Responsible for all Recruitment and Talent Acquisitions with an emphasis on creating a diverse and inclusive workforce reflective of our members and those they serve
- Employee Relations: Promote a respectful workplace and consult with employees and leaders as needed to improve work relationships and investigate and resolve employee concerns promptly
- Leadership and Culture Development: Facilitation of organizational assessment and development; collaboration with OCHIN executive and functional leaders to participate in the development of solutions to meet shorter term business needs and longer term business strategies; Oversee and participate in planning employee and organizational events around teambuilding, morale, culture, etc.
- HR Policies and Legal Compliance: Oversee HR policies and compliance programs to ensure they are current and appropriate for our business and consistent with philosophy, ethics, values, business and interests; Oversee state and federal employment law guidelines; Monitors potential exposure of the company relative to its human resources and initiate actions to eliminate or mitigate risk
- Performance Management: Oversee and drive efforts to ensure that OCHIN’s Performance Management is focused on improving performance at all levels, including individuals, supervision, departments and the company as a whole
- Develop and manage the on-boarding and off-boarding for new employees
- The ability to demonstrate vision, courage, respect and accountability
- The ability to work effectively under pressure meeting deadlines, delivering superior results and keeping the focus on the customer and meeting their needs
- Is a critical thinker who makes appropriate decisions and finds solutions
- Compensation and Benefits: Oversees OCHIN’s compensation and benefit programs. Focus on improving Compensation and Benefit practices within the organization
- HR Advisor: Provide advice to senior leadership on various human resources matters including employee relations, legal compliance, etc.
- Has the ability to demonstrate strong presentation skills, communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse group of people
- Has the ability to influence key decision makers, and build strong relationships with trust and honesty
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources or a related field
- Preference will be given to those with Master’s Degrees
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in a senior level role
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Ability and experience with successfully enrolling organizational leadership and team to strategic Human Resource goals
- Experience managing and directing staff is required
- Experience in people-resource planning and in complex project negotiation, project planning, project review and overall project management
- Demonstrated experience and ability in developing people and helping them grow
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have great customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
Process Oriented: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
A Collaborator: You’re a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others.
Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices as well as critical access and rural hospitals.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, community volunteering activities, a generous PTO package, and a Dragon Boat Racing team! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in 2013-2017, OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all of its employees.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking.
OCHIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. OCHIN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a check against the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) exclusion list.