To professionally* and competently * develop, manage, and execute special events associated with the radio station. Assist the Promotions Director in all aspects of promotions.
- Assist Promotions Directors in developing and providing oversight of all promotions and contest initiatives.
- Plan, schedule and manage the street team for promotions, concerts and major station events.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to execute promotions such as remotes, events, van hits, etc.
- Coordinate and disseminate street team schedule and calendar invites for all station promotions.
- Survey all potential promotion locations.
- Organize logistical requirements for events and promotions while ensuring that each event is successful and aligns to our brands.
- Recaps, and assists when necessary, all station events for Account Executives within 48 hours of the event.
- Assist in developing promotional ideas.
- Identify community service events appropriate for all stations.
- Maintain all station calendars on a weekly basis.
- Provide project status updates to the Promotional Director.
- Serve as a company representative for events when needed.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure that station vehicles and equipment are properly maintained.
- Maintain accurate records of contestants and ensure contests are conducted in accordance with FCC regulations and laws.
- Prepares rules, waivers and releases for all contesting as needed.
- Maintain station prize closets, inventory of station premiums, equipment, etc.
- Maintain a validate driver’s license at all times.
- Drive station vehicles.
- Work station events when needed including but not limited to set up of promotion and equipment for remotes, broadcasts, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. (Must be able to set up station tents, tables and banners)
- Present a positive attitude at events
- Customer Service Experience
- Graphic Design Experience
- Social Media Experience
- Must be able to work out in the field a minimum of 10 hours per week (Includes remotes, station events, van-hits and concerts, etc.)
- Working some evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma; college degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.