Assistant Program Director
|Location:||PA – Philadelphia|
Assistant Program Director
To competently* and professionally* provide continuity and surveillance information in a professional, knowledgeable and entertaining way and will be active in pre-show strategy and execution while staying within the negotiated job responsibilities at all times.
The ideal candidate will have:
Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50), outstanding computer skills, some travel required.
· Customer Liaison
· Professional Development
OBJECTIVES (by Responsibility):
1. Listen to, develop and maintain informed opinion on music supplied to the radio station on an ongoing basis.
2. Make decisions as to appropriateness of music for airplay on an on-going basis.
3. Maintain music library on a weekly basis.
4. Liaison with external music sources and suppliers as required on a daily basis.
5. Develop and maintain all clocks, rotations, category compositions, rules etc. as they relate to music scheduling.
6. Schedule and troubleshoot daily music logs.
7. Maintain/update database and music software as required.
8. Generate and distribute music reports as required.
1. Schedule on-air talent on a weekly and as-required basis.
2. Coordinate with other staff members to ensure programming airs as required.
3. Train appropriate staff in operation of on-air technology as required.
4. Communicate daily with Program Director to report and trouble-shoot on all operational discrepancies and issues of non-performance.
5. Fill in for Program Director as required.
6. To work with the station's Web Editor to ensure content and promotions are relevant to the target audience
1. To assist Program Director in dealing with listener complaints and suggestions on an ongoing basis.
2. To respond to any and all music queries from listeners when needed.
3. To appropriately represent the company when attending relevant industry and community related events on an ongoing basis.
judgmental (when appropriate)
1. To investigate and participate in relevant skill building workshops as it applies to the ongoing development of the function.
2. To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
3. To drive my own Performance Appraisal every six months.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times
*Competence is defined as using "effectiveness and efficiency" in equal measure at all times
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and vets.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results