Compliance Officer- Part-Time
|Location:||MD - Silver Spring|
Mandate : To competently* and professionally* oversee the implementation of our bank partner’s compliance efforts. Delegate responsibilities to Compliance Committee members and maintain compliance with laws and regulations. Maintain the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC, including all functions required by these regulations.
Objectives (by Responsibility)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Possess (or ability to obtain) and maintain Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation.
· Possess diverse working knowledge of bank related laws (federal and state) and regulations.
· Fully knowledgeable of the Bank Secrecy Act and all related regulations.
· Understand the bank’s products, services, customers, and geographic locations, and the potential money laundering and terrorist financing risks associated with those activities.
· Knowledge of basic accounting procedures. Prepaid Card Program experience a bonus.
· Passion for providing a stellar customer service experience to all customers (external and internal) and ability to instill this passion in others.
· Ability to provide overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned staff while carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
· Excellent interpersonal skills (tactfulness, cooperation, courteousness and customer friendliness) are necessary to represent Urban One in a positive manner.
· Positive and cooperative approach when working with others.
· Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated ability to write communications clearly, concisely and effectively, with attention to detail for visually appealing output and accurately proofreading publications.
· Excellent verbal communication skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively present information to customers and management.
· Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
· Ability to effectively complete multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and positively adapt to routine changes while maintaining high performance standards
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
· Ability to efficiently and accurately keyboard information, both computer and calculator.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance is preferred; otherwise, must have a combination of applicable education and experience. Have strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
. * Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results