To competently* and professionally* ensure that the company’s overall broadcasting systems and equipment optimally meets the required demands as laid out by the industry, relevant regulations, current technological trends and identified strategic and operational market opportunities.
- Systems and Equipment
- Technical Advisor
- Staff Management
- Inter-departmental Liaison
- Professional Development
OBJECTIVES (by Responsibility):
Systems and Equipment
- To ensure that the overall design, installation and maintenance of all the technical equipment at all the relevant sites remain at the optimum level of operational effectiveness and efficiency on an ongoing basis.
- To be responsible to the General Manager in all relevant matters relating to the following:
- Purchasing of Equipment
- Large scale Technical projects
- Applicable administrative work as it applies to relevant company policies and procedures
- To appropriately advise the company on all relevant technical matters as it applies to the overall job responsibility. This includes:
- Corporate issues involving technical regulations
- Licensing matters
- Future Planning
- Competitive practices
- To ensure that all direct reporting staff has the necessary skills to perform their assigned Job Responsibilities at the highest level of professionalism (consistently appropriate) and competence (effective and efficient) on an ongoing basis.
- To maintain High Performance and effectively deal with Identified non-Performance in a timely manner (within 48 hours).
- To ensure and support all direct reporting staff in doing their own Performance Appraisals every six months.
- To recruit and train new staff when and where required.
- To ensure that appropriate Self-Management is exercised at all times, as it applies to the overall function and specifically as it relates to:
- Overall Professionalism
- Dress code (should be consistent with your job function, includes appropriate grooming)
- Confidentiality (at all times)
- Managing Emotions ( Emotional Maturity and control in all situations)
- Taking Initiative (may include taking risks)
- Being self-directed
- Accepting responsibility
- Being accountable
- Accepting and growing with others Critique
- Being objective (issue relevant)
- Building and maintaining workable relationships
- Suspending judgment (when relevant)
- Not discriminating
- Being accepting rather than judgmental (when appropriate)
- Allowing others their feelings
- Extending common courtesies
- Behaving out of a sense of urgency (when appropriate)
- Striving for Balance
- Appropriately delegating
- Evolving self-awareness
- Problem Solving and Decision Making (within scope of the function)
- To ensure that all relevant information, as it applies to the overall job responsibility, is effectively communicated to all relevant parties and departments on an ongoing basis.
- To investigate and participate in relevant skill building workshops as it applies to the ongoing development of the function.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every six month
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and vets.