Integrated Marketing Manager
Radio One is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual to be the Integrated Marketing Manager. This position’s primary responsibility is to work directly with Radio One owned and operated radio stations local sales teams to increase and maximize the advertising revenue through digital opportunities across the Radio One and Interactive One network of online, mobile, and social properties (this includes all local radio websites owned by Radio One in market and 11 national Interactive One websites including BlackPlanet, TheUrbanDaily, HelloBeautiful, etc., as well as other digital properties and platforms). The Integrated Marketing Manager will be the digital expert in-market and assist in the creation of integrated, multi-level marketing programs for local market advertising clients, and manage activation/execution for these campaigns. Candidate will work closely with their radio counterparts on the local radio station level, and will be capable of adapting to the changing trends and needs of advertisers in digital media technologies, emerging media platforms and radio for promotions and advertising. Position will report to the Director of Sales in market and the Director Integrated Marketing nationally.
The position includes the following duties in the area of sales presentations and promotional activation/execution:
- Assist in the management of digital sales efforts of Radio One local radio sales staffs including:
- On-going education of local radio sales staffs about digital media sales opportunities
- Development of sales proposals for local sales staffs, and review local stations RFP’s and make strategic recommendations to maximize revenue
- Identify and create unique sales properties and promotions, including contests and special advertising programs, focusing on relevant local and national event
- Ongoing coordination with Director of Integrated Marketing on local digital sales marketing strategy
- Work closely with the ad sales team to maximize all revenue-generating programs by effectively and efficiently managing all advertising inventory and pricing
- Effectively monitor and evaluate the local station’s online inventory and their current pricing
- Coordinate and approve the pricing of all locally sold online ad deals
- Coach local sales staffs on the most effective ways to use Radio One and Interactive One digital properties to develop opportunistic revenue-generating programs
- Collaborate with Director of Integrated Marketing to analyze competitive (local) online media marketplace and create category and advertiser-specific strategic solutions
- Develop and manage unique digital advertising sales driven and marketing projects
- Work with research to identify key client objectives and compile industry insight for sales presentations
- Integrate materials from research and digital media ad sales/business development departments into concepts and presentations
- Prepare formal presentations for client meetings
- Attend client meetings as necessary
- Work closely with all Radio One owned & operated radio station's sales and marketing staff on relevant sales promotion opportunities
- Compile all relevant promotional materials and production elements from clients
- Oversee production, web graphic design, and copywriting for any unique online and/or multi-media promotions
- Follow-through and ensure successful trafficking of all promotional advertising elements
- Thorough understanding of sweepstakes, contests and promotions, including the management of all promotional elements from start to finish that comprise a successful promotional/contest campaign (e.g. legal rules, prizing, contest fulfillment)
- Compile materials for post-campaign client recap
- Bachelor's Degree, minimum 2 years experience in media, marketing, advertising or related experience; or equivalent professional experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be able to work under high pressure and tight deadlines. They must be able to work closely with all ad sales, research, product, and tech business development staff, and manage multiple projects. They must be able to articulate the Interactive One Local vision and strategy.
Candidate must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Adobe Photoshop. Should have extensive knowledge of digital media, graphic design and advertising copywriting. Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50). Candidate should be willing to travel on occasion.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all related job functions.
- Either currently living in the market identified for his/her regional headquarters or willing to relocate there.
- Demonstrated ability to “evangelize” digital media advertising, marketing and sales.
- Strong digital marketing ideation skills.
- Proven ability of successfully handling digital pre-sales and post-sales processes as noted in the job description.
- Demonstrable characteristics of a self-starter including, but not limited to, being self-directed, taking initiative, being accountable, having problem-solving and decision-making skills and having the ability to operate with minimal supervision.