|Location:||PA – Philadelphia|
To competently* and professionally* coordinate promotional requests from clients and develop new profit through effective Promotion Strategies and Tactics at all times ensuring promotion activities are in harmony with the overall marketing and promotional goals of the station.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Staff Management
· Interdepartmental Liaison
· Professional Development
OBJECTIVES (by Responsibility):
1. To ensure all reporting staff has the necessary skills to perform their assigned Job Responsibilities at the highest level of professionalism (consistently appropriate) and competence (effective and efficient) on an ongoing basis.
2. To maintain High Performance and effectively deal with Identified Non-Performance in a timely manner (within 48 hours).
3. To ensure and support all full time direct reporting staff in doing their own Performance Appraisals every six months, and part time direct reporting staff every six months.
4. To recruit and train new staff when and where required.
5. To ensure that appropriate Self-Management is exercised at all times, as it applies to the overall function and specifically as it relates to:
1. To develop, implement and monitor effective and relevant Promotions plans on an ongoing basis with close attention to client, listener, and internal staff satisfaction.
2. To keep an up-to-date annual plan of Promotion Activity with all major projects released to the Local and National Representatives a minimum of two months prior to each start date.
3. To proactively respond to client promotional requests.
4. To develop and maintain cross promotional pool of clients as a tool for programming promotions.
5. To build revenue opportunities to capitalize on promotional services and pro-actively plan new revenue from emerging technologies.
6. To ensure progress reports and final wrap-up reports for the clients are prepared within 14 days of the end of all "umbrella promotions" and where requested by the client or agency.
7. To act as a controlled resource in terms of coordinating client support of Station Promotion initiatives.
1. To ensure effective interdepartmental communication as it applies to the ongoing execution of this functions main responsibilities at all times.
2. To assist the Sales and Programming Departments in capitalizing on manufacturer funded business through identifying leads and assisting Account Executives in developing advertising and promotion ideas for these prospects.
1. To schedule full time and part time Promotion staff as needed.
2. To submit relevant payroll (weekly) and purchase documentation (as ordered) to accounting.
3. To approve and monitor sick leave and vacation schedule on an ongoing basis.
4. To document all relevant information as it applies to Promotions on an ongoing basis.
5. To set goals for Promotions with the Retail and General Sales Manager and to oversee production costs when applicable.
6. To develop, implement and monitor all relevant department policies & procedures on an ongoing basis.
7. To ensure the legal ramifications of Promotion Activity is addressed to the satisfaction of the company and the principle contact with participating sponsors.
8. To attend Management, Sales, Promotions, and Announcers meetings as needed.
9. To identify and deal with possible "pinches" as they apply operationally to the overall function on an ongoing basis.
1. To investigate and participate in relevant skill building workshops as it applies to the ongoing development of the function.
2. To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
3. To drive your own Performance Appraisal every six months.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times
*Competence is defined as using "effectiveness and efficiency" in equal measure at all times
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results