Position: Director, Inventory & Revenue Management Reports To: VP, National Sales
Location: New York Department: Radio Division
FLSA: Exempt Station: N/A
Mandate: To competently* and professionally* work with the VP of National Sales, the entire national/corporate sales team, as well as multi-markets, network programming and traffic teams to analyze inventory yield and to develop strategic and creative solutions to maximize revenue given the stations’ inventory situations.
- Inventory and Revenue Management
- Professional Development
Objectives (by Responsibility )
Inventory and Revenue Management
- Develop quantitative analysis, reports, and models, to support pricing and yield decision making.
- Develop pricing and revenue management strategies for all stations and nationally syndicated networks.
- Develop process to streamline and optimize sales and pricing workflows to ensure consistency between sales teams.
- Research and implement solutions to monitor yield across ad campaigns.
- Manage Rate Cards as needed.
- Model Inventory Forecasting.
- Develop programmatic analysis and suggestions for improved Yield.
- Contribute to discovering efficiency of processes to more accurately predict available inventory, minimize under-delivery and maximize revenue.
- Extract and manipulate large data sets from a variety of sources for the benefit of finance, ad operations, sales and senior management.
- To attend all relevant skill-building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every twelve months.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a strong proficiency with Excel.
- Must be able to demonstrate a combination of business and technical skills with proven written, verbal and analytical communication skills.
- Have a sense of urgency as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment and foster strong relationships with interdepartmental team members and effectively communicate with external clients.
- Must be a creative and solutions-oriented thinker who can navigate a highly-matrixed organization and has a proven ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects at one time.
- Strategic big-picture thinker and creative problem solver.
- Organized and detail-oriented with positive energy and proactive personality.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field
- Minimum 5 years at a media company where responsible for inventory and yield management
- Previous radio experience a plus
* Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.