Position: VP Digital Sales Reports To: SVP Digital Ops/President iOne
Location: Corporate Department: Executive
FLSA: Exempt Station: N/A
Mandate: To competently* and professionally* develop strategy for integrating digital sales into radio market and REACH media client solutions. Develop digital products (data solutions, client solutions, etc.) to meet the needs of radio clients and consumers. Train radio sales force in the art of digital sales. Support creation of regional, local and syndicated digital sales opportunities.
- Partner with SVP Digital Operations and iOne President to grow revenue across R1 Digital business (local markets and REACH syndicated brands)
· Building, training and managing Digital Sales Manager team
- Working with Radio sales teams to strategize and empower them in their digital sales efforts
- Manage R1 Digital’s sales/marketing and sales operations teams
Objectives (by Responsibility)
- Create, develop and implement a local digital advertising sales strategy and a REACH media digital advertising strategy so that all revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Plan and direct hiring, development (training, performance evaluations, etc.) and motivation of staff to ensure best practices within the R1 Digital sales group.
- Supervise a team handling ad sales, ad sales marketing, and client solutions.
- Lead new business development for local digital media sales.
- Train the sales team to empower them to develop, sell and help execute brand appropriate, customized marketing solutions (branded entertainment, brand integrations, sponsorships, promotions, etc.).
- Drive the adoption of relevant digital sales technologies, product, tools and data/analytics.
- Introduce the sales team to this executive’s senior level relationships within national, regional and local ad agencies, major brands and buyers to increase local multiplatform ad sales.
- Be a key and senior member of the team responsible for quarterly/annual local and REACH digital sales and revenue performance while fostering and enhancing the brand.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every 12 months.
- Track record of innovative and highly effective digital sales
- Ability to anticipate how consumers interact online; an understanding of digital trends and opportunities.
- Experience working in media, preferably radio or streaming service
- Experience of managing and delivering results.
- Experience and success with impression based selling Strong inventory management and pricing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to share knowledge with a wider sales team who are not fully focused on but still
contributing to digital sales as a mentor and guide.
- Ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances. Success in goal achievement and ability to hold people accountable.
- Extremely organized and detailed with strong project management aptitude.
- A high level of optimism and a "can do" orientation. A willingness to adapt, an entrepreneurial, hands-on, high-energy style.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4 year college/university. Must have 10-15 years’ experience in digital product development and sales with ideally a strong emphasis on local media.
* Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.