POSITION: Office Manager
MANDATE: To competently* and professionally* provide general administrative and facility support.
- Professional Development
OBJECTIVES (by Responsibility)
- Order, receive and maintain office supplies.
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail.
- Coordinate luncheons for meetings and on-site conferences.
- Accept and distribute deliveries.
- Perform other general administrative duties as assigned.
1. To ensure that appropriate Self-Management is exercised at all times, as it applies to the overall function and specifically as it relates to:
- Overall Professionalism
- Dress code (should be consistent with your job function, including appropriate grooming)
- Confidentiality (at all times)
- Managing Emotions (Emotional Maturity and control in all situations)
- Taking Initiative (may include taking risks)
- Being self-directed
- Accepting responsibility
- Being accountable
- Accepting and growing with others Critique
- Being objective (issue relevant)
- Building and maintaining workable relationships
- Suspending judgment (when relevant)
- Not discriminating
- Being accepting rather than judgmental (when appropriate)
- Allowing others their feelings
- Extending common courtesies
- Behaving out of a sense of urgency (when appropriate)
- Striving for Balance
- Appropriately delegating
- Evolving self-awareness
- Problem Solving and Decision Making (within scope of the function)
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every six months.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.