The Radio One story began simply with a dream and one radio station. Thirty-five years, 16 markets, and 50+ stations later, we are an urban media empire, spanning multiple media platforms.
We are in your ears with Reach Media/Radio One, on your televisions with TV One, and may even be the name behind your favorite website, with our digital platform Interactive One.
Information is power, and our mission here at Radio One, Inc. is simple – to be the most trusted media source in the African-American community.
At Radio One, we pride ourselves on hiring people who are dedicated and continue to challenge the norm, while embracing a corporate culture built on creativity and passion. We are our employees’ biggest fans, and it is our daily mission to attract, develop, and retain the brightest stars in the business.
Radio One is currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our team!
- To competently and professionally direct and coordinate the Programming, G&A, Promotions, and Engineering Department while staying aligned with the relevant overall Company's strategic direction, philosophies and goals.
- Discuss plans with marketing personnel to promote sales of programs and time periods to advertisers and their agencies.
- Plan long and short-term programming and promotional strategies.
- Work with on-line editor to develop and execute a strong digital and social media plan.
- Recommend departmental budgetary needs.
- Conduct strategic research to gain high Nielson ratings and determine if changes need to be made with personnel or format based on interpretation of Nielson ratings.
- Schedule music when needed and perform on-air as needed.
- To ensure all reporting staff has the necessary skills to perform their assigned Job Responsibilities at the highest level of professionalism (consistently appropriate) and competence (effective and efficient) on an ongoing basis.
- To maintain high performance and effectively deal with identified non-performance in a timely manner (within 48 hours).
- To recruit and train new staff when and where required.
- Observe activities to ensure compliance with FCC regulations including Emergency Broadcast Service and transmitter power.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.