Position: Integrated Marketing Manager Reports To: Sr. Director Digital Sales & Operations
Location: Department: Sales
FLSA: Exempt Station: N/A
Mandate: To competently* and professionally* work directly with Radio One owned and operated radio stations local sales teams to increase and maximize the advertising revenue through digital opportunities across the Radio One and R One Digital network of online, mobile, and social properties (this includes all local radio websites owned by Radio One in market and 8 national iOne Digital websites including Cassius, Bossip, HelloBeautiful, etc., as well as other digital properties and platforms). Assist in the creation of integrated, multi-platform marketing programs for local market advertising clients, and manage activation/execution for these campaigns. Work closely with the Digital Sales Manager, their radio counterparts on the local radio station level, and capable of adapting to the changing trends and needs of advertisers in digital media technologies, emerging media platforms and radio for promotions and advertising.
- Sales Presentation and Promotional Activation/Execution
- Professional Development
Objectives (by Responsibility)
Sales Presentations and Promotional Activation/Execution
- Assist in the management of digital sales efforts of Radio One local radio sales staffs including:
- Work with Digital Sales Managers in multiple markets to set-up local and regional digital advertising campaigns.
- Oversee campaign progress, optimizing results to ensure delivery.
- Assist the local Digital Sales Manager in providing reporting on campaigns running across R One Digital platforms.
- Work closely with the Creative Services and Development Team to oversee production, digital design, and copywriting for any unique online and/or multi-media promotions.
- Ongoing coordination with Digital Sales Managers on local digital sales marketing strategy.
- Work closely with the ad sales team to maximize all available advertising inventory.
- Coordinate and approve the pricing of all locally sold online ad deals.
- Collaborate with Digital Sales Manager to analyze competitive (local) online media marketplace and create category and advertiser-specific strategic solutions.
- Integrate materials from research and digital media ad sales/business development departments into concepts and presentations.
- Prepare formal presentations for client meetings.
- Work closely with all Radio One owned & operated radio station's sales and marketing staff on relevant sales promotion opportunities.
- Follow-through and ensure successful trafficking of all promotional advertising elements.
- Thorough understanding of sweepstakes, contests and promotions, including the management of all promotional elements from start to finish that comprise a successful promotional/contest campaign (e.g. legal rules, prizing, contest fulfillment).
- Compile materials for post-campaign client recap.
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every 12 months.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Must be able to work under high pressure and tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work closely with all ad sales, research, product, and tech business development staff, and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to articulate the Interactive One Local vision and strategy.
Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Adobe Photoshop.
- Should have extensive knowledge of digital media, advertising and copywriting.
- Must have an understanding of basic graphic design skills and experience with Photoshop will be beneficial.
- Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50).
- Willing to travel on occasion.
Education and/ or Experience
Bachelor's Degree, minimum 2 years’ experience in media, marketing, advertising or related experience; or equivalent professional experience.
*Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.