Interactive One ( www.interactiveone.com ) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), NewsOne (Affluent) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com ] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
The Email Marketing manager’s role is part of the Audience Development Team and is responsible for helping iOne brands take our newsletter programs to the next level. You will work on a wide variety of projects related to the editorial quality and programming for our email newsletter programs, with the ultimate goal of growing traffic, helping us to grow engagement within the channel. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of what makes high-quality millennial content
- Working with the content and product teams to execute and optimize email newsletters’ traffic. Key Metrics: Email Circulation, Contact Frequency.
- Working with the content and product teams to manage mailing lists and optimize subscription signups. Key Metrics: Campaign Conversions.
- Working with the content, product, analytics, and programmatic team to design and optimize revenue generation from newsletters. Key Metrics: Revenue per M Emails Sent, Revenue per Subscriber.
- Reviewing content to create engaging email newsletters that drive user engagement, keeping a pre-defined voice in mind.
- Lead daily email efforts, including link tracking, subject line creation, HTML coding, quality assurance testing, list management/segmentation, and scheduling
- Continuously ideate, execute, and measure results on A/B testing to optimize for email engagement/conversions
- Maintain trigger email templates and test new templates, creative, language, and flows
- Oversee monthly email calendar, proactively making real-time updates when applicable
- Track ongoing successes, misses, and competition, altering approach accordingly
- Stay on top of the most modern email standards: mobile responsiveness, deeplinks, personalization, etc.
- Assist with retargeting ad creation and strategy for Facebook and Display
- Consistently track and report out on OR, CTR, AOV, Revenue/Send, and Unsub, as well as increase overall metrics by 15%
- Review current lists and implement increasingly personalized user segmentation
- Automate emails and create new trigger flows where applicable
- Maintain a clear and cohesive story through engaging content, while making sure to preserve the integrity of the brand.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Has a passion for digital marketing and a desire to become a master in the email space
- Goal driven with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities.
- Ability to work independently as well as a teammate and community member.
- Enthusiastic attitude to all parties and a deep desire to manage by the numbers.
- Experience writing email newsletters and developing email newsletters is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in interactive media, journalism, communications, marketing, creative writing or equivalent experience with strong skills in computing, logic and analysis.
- At least 3 years of relevant email marketing experience with working knowledge of open source content management systems and related software tools.
- Possesses an unmatched attention to detail
- Equipped with excellent written and communication skills
- Is both analytical and creative - can dive into data as well as consistently come up with witty subject lines
- We are COMMITTED to our mission, our work, and the people we work with
- We VALUE and RESPECT the people we work with and the people we serve
- We are PASSIONATE and CREATIVE, we will find a solution
- We act with INTEGRITY
- We TRUST each other’s intent is honorable
- We encourage COLLABORATION and support a HARMONIOUS work place
- We are PROUD of being a DIVERSE organization and serving a DIVERSE community