Interactive One (interactiveone.com) is the #1 digital platform for the Black, Latino and New Urban communities, reaching millions each month through its suite of social, local radio and highly targeted news, entertainment, video and lifestyle content offerings . It owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), NewsOne (Affluent), TheUrbanDaily (Men) and Vida Today (Latino), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, BlackPlanetRadio and MiGente. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
This sharp, intelligent, creative-minded Video Editor will join a branded content/activations team of artists, producers and strategists to produce and edit video content for One X and One Solution advertising, marketing and promotions materials.
- Supports the content vertical departments in the production, post-production editing and publishing of original broadcast and digital video content.
- Assist the VP/Creative Director, VP/Branded Content & Activations, and Sr. Content Producer in the media planning, execution and delivery of branded video content for both Marketing and Sales Department for advertising clients. Project types include: short form documentaries, pre/post roll spots, social media content.
- Work closely with One X producers to establish successful post-production workflows and high standards
- Occasionally function as the post supervisor for projects (e.g. delivering assets to 3rd party finishing vendors, delivering assets to TV One and iOne, uploading for digital, etc.)
- Supervises media management e.g. functioning as DIT – offloading and storing media cards
- Responsible for upkeep of in-house video asset back-up and archiving
- Occasionally work with creative and strategic teams to develop video concepts for air and social platforms
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Minimum 5 years of video editing experience, having edited a piece from start to finish
- Deep knowledge of digital video production, motion graphics, online video platforms, and industry-standard software (Adobe Premiere + CC, After Effects)
- Strong storytelling ability
- Experience with color grading and sound mixing
- Ability to organize priorities and self-manage time accordingly while maintaining high content quality
- Ability to produce and communicate effectively through the video medium
- Ability to take direction from senior management
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and contribute to the creative process
- Experience cutting interviews, live events and recap videos
- Experience formatting videos to a variety of different screen specifications
- Comfortable with multiple editing platforms including Red workflow.
- Be extremely detail-oriented and articulate
- Expert knowledge of African-American and Millennial culture
- Ability to make the most out of very little and has a strong creative POV
- A love of story, collaboration and experimentation
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- COMMUNITY: We embrace the entire iOne community, our audience, our employees and our clients.
- INNOVATION: We consistently strive to innovate and act as trendsetters by creating unique user experiences, original content, products and solutions.
- INTEGRITY: Integrity is the foundation of our business.
- TEAMWORK: We move as ONE team toward the common goal.
- OPENNESS: We understand that openness builds trust internally within our community and externally within our new urban audience.
- LEADERSHIP: We are all leaders, and we lead as we wish to be led.