Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), NewsOne (Affluent) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
iOne Digital is looking for an Associate Project Manager with 2+ years’ experience to be an integral part of the Branded Content & Activations team. This person will oversee custom brand and partner programs with a heavy emphasis on execution. He or she is responsible for orchestrating the delivery of a high quality, cohesive product that meets the strategy of the overall product vision from concept to execution.
The role requires excellent communication skills to manage all necessary teams in negotiating, producing, executing, marketing and delivering branded content and editorial programming for iOne Digital, including working cross-functionally internally, and directly with external clients and internal partners to drive day-to-day execution, and bigger picture strategy and relationships.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of media trends, editorial tone, and history. He or she is a detail-oriented, organized, industrious, strategic and creative thinker who works quickly and efficiently in a very fast-paced environment that demands scrutiny and critical thinking at all times.
He or she will be on front line of the campaigns they oversee, challenged with creative problem-solving daily, and taking a positive leadership role within the team at all times.
- Work with the Activations team on delivering against a project’s lifecycle; soup to nuts
- Support the Project Manager and Producer in preparing activation proposals, video treatments, SOW, vetting talent, securing needed agreements (from clients, legal, finance, production companies, et all on a needed basis).
- Work with the Project Manager and Producer, Branded Content & Activations to ensure appropriate resources are planned and booked within all internal departments to ensure smooth delivery of work on allocated projects.
- Kick off the creative brief along with the Client Services and Sales team.
- Own and manage all custom project documentation.
- Plan, scope, schedule and manage internal and external teams to effectively deliver projects.
- Manage all project specifications.
- Act as internal project risk manager by identifying dependencies, risks, potential solutions, and effectively managing to minimize them.
- Work with the Innovations, Creative Services, Legal, Finance & Client Services teams to identify strategies and solutions that will best meet the client’s needs within established constraints.
- Work with to Innovations, Creative Services & Client Services estimate costs and timing for all project tasks including strategy, planning, IA/UX, visual design, development, testing, project and account management.
- Develop briefs to internal and external development teams- as needed
- Develop Post project reviews and reconciliations.
- Provide Client Services team with wrap report key metrics from event activations
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Enthusiastic, detail-oriented person with a hands-on attitude and a desire to help out whenever and wherever needed.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment while paying attention to detail
- Strategic and critical thinking – understanding client dynamics, program details and implications of changes/updates.
- Able to work independently, collaboratively and as a leader.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in marketing communications with specific CRM, email and web experience.
- Additional preferred experience in websites, online advertising & social media campaigns
- Project management experience.
- Experience working on creative and technical aspects of a project in a client-facing role
- High level of interpersonal, written and communication skills
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- COMMUNITY: Support our audience, clients and each other fiercely
- INNOVATION: Always be forward thinking, inventive, daring
- INTEGRITY: Integrity is the foundation of our business. DO the right thing, be honest and straight forward.
- TEAMWORK: We move as ONE to surpass expectations
- OPENNESS: Be transparent. Be willing to change, to learn to grow, to fail – it makes us better.
- LEADERSHIP: Be courageous, lead by example, care about each other.