Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
iOne Digital is the leading digital media company that creates and distributes premium content for Urban Enthusiasts. Our network boasts over 24 Million unique visitors each month who come to us for the latest in Celebrity News, Sports, Music, and Women’s Lifestyle. Our owned and operated sites include Cassius, HelloBeautiful, GlobalGrind, NewsOne, Madame Noire, Bossip, and Hip Hop Wired.
The Media Product Integration manager is responsible for the systems governing media usage and controls within iOne Digital’s family of websites. This position will be the primary producer and product owner for these media management systems, will be the primary liaison with Editorial to ensure Product meets their current and future needs; and will also be an expert editor of photo galleries and will ensure images are used up to quality and legal standards. The Media Product Integration Manager will work closely with the Editorial Team to ensure photo gallery and image experiences across the sites are best of breed and will work with national and local editorial teams to ensure image needs are met and proper galleries utilized. Likewise on the Video side, the Media Product Integration Manager will develop into an expert on video product and similarly serve the Editorial teams in that capacity. Lastly the Media Product Integration Manager will work closely with the Social and other acquisition efforts to optimize our O&O Media for Platform Distribution on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- 5 years of experience image and video based content online.
- Experience working on multiple websites simultaneously.
- Project management experience.
- Knows effective ways to distribute, promote and market content over the web.
- Knowledge of how to publish to and maintain a site using a content management system (CMS), WordPress
- Must know how to perform photo resizing and manipulation using programs including Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Knowledge of major Online Video Platforms (OVPs) and workflows, including transcoding and manual encoding, a plus.
- Familiar with, and knows how to analyze metrics, knowledge of Google Analytics is preferred, Parse.ly a plus.
- Experience with social networks including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- You must be a web junkie, familiar with all websites that cover African-American news, entertainment, celebrity, gossip and events
- You must be able to multi-task, project manage and take initiative
- You must be able think creatively and brainstorm as an individual as well as part of small and large groups.
- You must be enthusiastic and disciplined; a self-starter that can thrive in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines and aggressive performance targets
- Manage media databases to ensure legal and quality standards are met.
- Manage video and create premium photo galleries for use on iOne Digital’ family of sites.
- Organize galleries in a way writers and editors can best find and leverage them on sites and social.
- Evangelize best practices for photo and video to Editorial; and keep an eye out for compliance / noncompliance to course-correct as most efficient.
- Work with editorial teams on best galleries to create and what image needs they have on their sites.
- Analyze data to determine best practices and ROI for image use.
- Work with editorial, creative and tech to ensure gallery and image experiences are best of breed.
- Manage ongoing software development flow for developers both internal and external using JIRA and other tools.
- Gain an increasing knowledge of video product including player stacks, publishing workflows (both by editors and back-end system publishing), distribution schematics, and advertising integration (working with Revenue Operations).
Metrics for Success:
- Traffic, both to Photo and Video experiences indicated by Unique Visitors (UVs) Pageviews (PVs) and Video Views as well as gallery experience, and adherence to legal guidelines.
- Ideally, a strong drop in Photo Takedowns, resulting in a commensurate opportunity to make Takedown hours used, into productive hours creating valuable products and experiences.
- Satisfaction of Editorial that Product has supplied them with an excellent arsenal of powerful publishing tools that “wow” audiences without undue editorial effort.