Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
This role reports to the Vice President, Audience Development & Data Science and is part of the Audience Development Team.
Description: The Data Science Manager will lead the internal reporting and analytics effort in partnership with the VP, Audience Development & Data Science with a particular focus on supporting an organization wide data discipline. He or she will provide analytic leadership, projecet management and insight development across a wide range of initiatives and departments.
The Data Science Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Provide ETL support through API integration, table definition, and documentation of business metrics
- Mine massive amounts of data and extract useful product insights
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support launches
- Manage and coach a team of 2-6 high performing data scientists and data analysts
- Own analysis of large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive business decisions
- Drive data integration and data ingestion strategies
- Partner closely with Marketing, Product, Ad Sales, Strategy, and Production teams to provide BI support and data analysis
- Create standardized reporting for multiple groups within the organization
- Provide ad-hoc analyses, troubleshooting, and deep dives as needed
- Create presentations and communicate findings in regular weekly/monthly presentations
- Create, define, and document various data-related processes. Help drive data governance initiatives within the organization.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, and support our product decisions
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products.
- 3+ Years of experience in similar data analyst or data science role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline. Preferably a master’s degree.
- 5+ years of professional experience with some relevant digital marketing / web content marketing.
- You have a deep understanding of numbers and a desire to coach and train others
- You are clear in communication and adept at presenting and explaining complex topics and recommendations in simple terms
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics
- Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (such as SQL, R, Python, Pandas)
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Qlik, D3, ggplot)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building statistical models is a plus
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.