Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
The Content Marketing Specialist will support the business in driving web traffic and increasing engagement across the company’s multiple websites, channels and brands. He or she will develop and execute strategies for content distribution and audience targeting all while maintaining profitability within our allocated budget.
This role reports to the Director of Audience Development and is part of the Audience Development Team.
The Content Marketing Specialist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and manage ads and campaigns across our content distribution partners
- Select content based on specific performance criteria for distribution and promotion
- Research and evaluate new content distribution platforms
Content & Campaign Optimization:
- Ensure profitability of content marketing campaigns by optimizing and adjusting budgets, bids, campaign settings and audience targeting.
- Implement multivariate testing to determine our best performing headlines, images and content
- Edit images to fit criteria of our advertising and distribution partners
- Write engaging and compelling headlines for content and ads
Reporting & Analytics:
- Use data and analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and Parse.ly to evaluate content performance and campaign profitability.
- Create comprehensive and detailed reports that illustrate key performance indicators for all audience development projects and initiatives.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- The Content Marketing Specialist will have a range of both technical and creative skills. A strong understanding of web analytics and content optimization strategies is essential. This person will need to evaluate the effectiveness of content marketing campaigns and be able to give performance updates that are supported by data.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three to five years of relevant digital marketing / web content marketing.
- Experience with working knowledge of advertising platforms such as Facebook, Outbrain, Taboola & Google AdWords.
- Comprehensive understanding of Facebook advertising and their editorial policies.
- High proficiency in Google Analytics and advanced reporting execution.
- Basic image editing skills such as cropping and re-sizing.
- Intermediate copy editing skills such as writing effective headlines and ad copy.
- Goal driven with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities.
- Ability to work independently as well as a teammate and community member.
- Enthusiastic attitude to all parties and a deep desire to manage by the numbers.
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.