Interactive One ( www.interactiveone.com ) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), NewsOne (Affluent) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com ] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
Description: As the Video Producer, his/her primary duty will be to support the Senior Video Producer in the execution of professionally developed short form video content to help draw in viewership for all brands under the iOne platform. This role requires a desire for creative expression and the capability to provide professional support in a variety of disciplines. Video Producers lead teams of internal and external resources, manage budgets, coordinate crew & talent, negotiate with vendors, manage internal reporting and perform other administrative duties in support of the creative process. This role reports to the Sr. Video Producer, Lifestyle & News and is part of the Video Team.
- Maintain several ongoing projects at once.
- Work closely with producers to coordinate shoots and projects from pitch to completion to ensure consistency with the original vision.
- Help develop new repeatable formats and series, honing stories at the pitch phase and giving notes on treatments, beat sheets and paper edits.
- Use strong storytelling and research skills to work with writers and producers to collaborate on scripts and develop a strong brand voice for each national brand to create shareable content.
- Periodically producing shoots in the field – your own and others’ – including directing cameras, guiding talent, conducting interviews, and obtaining signed releases and clearances.
- Liaison between Production, Post and Editorial to ensure all media is delivered on deadline and on budget.
- Assist the Senior Producer in managing the pre-production process to ensure that a prospective production is within the scope of our resources, meets our content goals, and is poised for success.
- Participate in creative meetings and create a feedback loop with the Sr. Producers and editorial leads.
- Organizing shot footage and releases for Post-Production, Rights & Clearances, as well as for Archives.
- Understand strategic company priorities and how the team supports and fits into these goals.
- Understanding of how titling, metadata and thumbnails can effect a video's performance and how to make shareable content for a variety of media.
- Creatively source and secure footage from third-party sources.
- 5+ Years of professional experience in film, TV, or journalism producing various styles of video creation (digital-first, TV, social-only, longform)
- Strong attention to detail. Extremely creative, organized and dedicated to creating best-in-class videos
- Excellent communication skills, in person and in various written formats (Slack, email, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of organizational platforms such as Basecamp, Trello, and Slope.
- A basic understanding of CMS systems.
- Comfortable working within deadlines, under pressure, and juggle multiple projects.
- Proven track record of making content that is shareable and well suited for the digital landscape as well as an interest in keeping up to date with newer or emerging platforms and applications. (ex: Snapchat and Instagram Stories)
- Strong proficiency with video editing platforms, ideally Adobe Premiere, Comfortable with After Effects fundamentals.
- Strong proficiency with DSLR, ENG camera systems, specifically Sony FS and Canon C100/C300, etc. Basic lighting knowledge a plus
- Strong understanding of storytelling – visually and narratively.
- A curious critical thinker always looking for stories with a passion for editorial storytelling and new media.
- Can work well in a collaborative environment.
- Experience adhering to editorial guidelines and best practices.
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- COMMUNITY: Support our audience, clients and each other fiercely
- INNOVATION: Always be forward thinking, inventive, daring
- INTEGRITY: Integrity is the foundation of our business. DO the right thing, be honest and straight forward.
- TEAMWORK: We move as ONE to surpass expectations
- OPENNESS: Be transparent. Be willing to change, to learn to grow, to fail – it makes us better.
- LEADERSHIP: Be courageous, lead by example, care about each other.