Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), NewsOne (Affluent) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for all accounting functions related to the revenue cycle as well as digital advertising sales forecasting and analysis functions for iOne Digital.
- Handle month-end revenue close process, revenue-related journal entries and account reconciliations, ensuring appropriate revenue recognition and accurate results delivered in accordance with corporate deadlines
- Calculate billing data by campaign on a monthly basis for each revenue stream
- Manage monthly invoice distribution for each revenue stream
- Provide analysis to management of revenue variances to forecast as part of month-end close, working closely with Sales and Client Services teams to understand the status of active and pipeline campaigns
- Communicate potential issues, unusual activity, risks and opportunities related to sales campaigns on a timely basis
- Calculate sales commissions on quarterly basis by Salesperson based on compensation plans and prepare commission statements
- Review and approve Insertion Orders working cross functionally with Legal, Sales and Client Services to ensure proper revenue recognition, terms and conditions and pricing in accordance with company policy
- Verify opportunities in Quickbase/XSM for completeness, accuracy and alignment with insertion orders
- Collaborate with Client Services team and clients directly to resolve any billing disputes or variances
- Calculate monthly Revenue Share allocations to Urban One divisions and other affiliate partners
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to revenue accounting processes
- Other responsibilities including but not limited to participation in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
- 2-3 years accounting experience in digital advertising or online media industries with a focus on revenue recognition
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Familiarity with Salesforce and DART Sales Manager (XSM) preferred
- Advanced Excel skills a must, QuickBooks and Lawson experience preferred
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principals
- Strong quantitative and reconciliation skills, be comfortable with extremely large data volume with excellent attention to detail
- Energetic team player with strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and communication skills
- Able to work under time pressure, able to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines
- Positive attitude and ability to work with various departments and levels in the organization
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.