Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
This role reports to the Sr. Production & Studio Manager and is a part of the Video Team.
Description: The Production Manager will be a master at coordinating all production logistics for internal shoots and voiceover recordings. This includes shoot schedule coordination, call sheets, managing location agreements, guest releases, travel contracts, payments and all administrative process in coordination with the video shoot. Must possess great communication skills, creative and “out of the box” thinking, someone who can multi-task, has a terrific attitude, and works well with a team.
- Coordinate with internal producers to book production studio space and manage production calendar as consistent with internal policies and procedure.
- Assist producers with research and fact checking.
- Keep up-to-date on high level of correspondence with vendors, creative teams, freelancers and inter-departmentally
- Collect and manage deliverables, schedules, editorial deadlines and delivery dates as needed
Rights & Clearances
- Act as the key liaison between Video Department and key stakeholder departments including Legal and Finance.
- Coordinate & facilitate the execution of blanket vendor agreements, project deal terms and 3rd party contracts in collaboration with team lead and department head. Establish and
- Manage the monthly rights and clearance reconciliation process to ensure that archives accurately reflect the appropriate documents to protect the company.
- Maintain and drive procedure around the collection, validation and digital archival of production binders to support the productions created and published by iOne Digital.
Administrative / Project Management
- Update internal staff with production schedules, treatments, scripts, rough cuts, fine cuts, final screening copies, milestone payments confirmations and other deliverables.
- Arrange meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements and handle travel and expense reports as requested.
- Track, project and actualize expenses across multiple productions, pilots, shorts, and development projects
- Manage payments/cash flows for vendors via invoices & contracts
- Facilitate and process weekly production timecards, talent contracts and payments
- Coordinate with internal editorial video teams to effectively support the extension and promotion of content slates across external video partners.
- 3+ Years of professional experience in film, TV, or journalism producing various styles of video creation (digital-first, TV, social-only, longform)
- Proven track record of production management in high paced, high volume team environments delivering content suited for the digital landscape.
- Strong attention to detail. Extremely creative, organized and dedicated to creating best-in-class videos
- Comfortable working within deadlines, under pressure, and juggle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, in person and in various written formats (Slack, email, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of organizational platforms such as Basecamp, Trello, and Slope.
- A basic understanding of CMS systems
- Working knowledge of video editing platforms, ideally Adobe Premiere, Comfortable with After Effects fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of DSLR, ENG camera systems, specifically Sony FS and Canon C100/C300, etc.
- A curious critical thinker always looking for stories with a passion for editorial storytelling and new media.
- Can work well in a collaborative environment.
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.