Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology),GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women’s Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
As the Shooter/Editor, his/her primary duty will be to execute professionally developed short form video content to help draw in viewership for all brands under the iOne platform. The ideal candidate should be comfortable shooting with a wide range of cameras. In post-production, the candidate should also have an understanding of proper workflows including storage, transcoding, pulling selects, and collaborating with producers to achieve the best possible product. This role reports to the Sr. Producer, Women’s Lifestyle and is part of the Video Team.
Production & Post-Production
- Execute shoots in the field and the studio – which includes camera operation, audio capture, and lighting the sets
- Shoot a variety of styles of original and branded content, in the field and in the studio, from sit down interviews, to hand held Doc-style, with a focus on short-form consumable digital content.
- Use strong visual storytelling skills to quickly assemble edits and implement notes from producers and team leads.
- Ingest cards, log footage, and organize shot footage and releases for Post-Production, Rights & Clearances, as well as for Archives.
- Deliver edits as assigned weekly on deadline and within budget constraints
Administrative / Project Management
- Maintain several ongoing projects at once.
- Work closely with Producers to produce smart, creative video content that is consistent with the original vision.
- Maintain regular communication with writers and producers to coordinate timely delivery of videos, project files, etc.
- Participate in creative meetings and create a feedback loop with the Producers and editorial leads.
- 2+ Years of professional experience in film, TV, or journalism producing various styles of video creation (digital-first, TV, social-only, longform)
- Strong attention to detail. Extremely creative, organized and dedicated to creating best-in-class videos
- Excellent communication skills, in person and in various written formats (Slack, email, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of organizational platforms such as Basecamp, Trello, and Slope.
- A basic understanding of CMS systems.
- Comfortable working within deadlines, under pressure, and juggle multiple projects.
- Proven track record of making content that is shareable and well suited for the digital landscape as well as an interest in keeping up to date with newer or emerging platforms and applications. (ex: Snapchat and Instagram Stories)
- Highly skilled in Adobe Premiere, understanding of After Effects, audio sweetening, basic color correction , transcoding, QCing final products and managing deliverables.
- Expert proficiency with DSLR and ENG camera systems. Specifically Sony FS series and Canon C100/C300
- Can handle both audio and video in the field; Strong knowledge on how to light scenes.
- Strong understanding of storytelling – visually and narratively.
- A curious critical thinker always looking for stories with a passion for editorial storytelling and new media.
- Can work well in a collaborative environment.
- Experience adhering to editorial guidelines and best practices.
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it’s done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.