Digital Marketing Manager
Shimano North America Fishing, Inc. is a global company offering the world’s sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro and Innovative Textiles, Inc. (ITI). We are seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to join our North Charleston, SC team!
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA. Our company is an ISO14001 certified business where environmental compliance and continual improvements are part of our business philosophy and operations. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for representing all Shimano brands for social, web, and all digital efforts. Communicate with all members of the internal team, media and consumers. Consistent interaction with sales team, product team, media, pro staff, personalities and third-party marketing efforts. This position will also manage the Digital and Social Media Coordinator and create campaigns and schedules for that position. This position will be required to provide reports and presentations on KPIs and ROIs on a regular basis with plans for a constantly updating strategy.
- Be the driving force for all digital marketing efforts and branding voice of all Shimano brands for the U.S.
- Assist in the formulation and execution on digital marketing strategies using all necessary tools (e.g. website, emails, video, social media and blog).
- Create SEO/SEM content strategy and generation.
- Analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to boost web presence.
- Monitor email, web and social analytics via Google Analytics and similar programs.
- Constantly develop new media relations to expand our brand reach.
- Involved with all digital and social marketing content development including press releases, content, photos and online promotions.
- Plan and execute digital marketing strategy around new and legacy items.
- Create a wide variety of marketing materials as needed or assigned for sales and marketing teams.
- Create, enhance or manage needed content for all forms of media as needed or assigned.
- Assist with website updates, content improvement and development.
- Interact with other Shimano teams to coordinate all digital marketing efforts.
- Assist in managing photo and marketing resource library for all brands.
- Develop strong relationships with key sources of fresh content.
- Create email marketing campaigns around our different buying groups (dealers, consumers).
- Manage content creation strategy for digital team.
- Effectively create digital marketing messages for consumers.
- Learn new technology as it is released to the market and provide constructive feedback and innovation.
- Track activities on a weekly and monthly basis to provide feedback on successful campaigns and programs through KPIs and goals.
- Present ROI on campaigns and how we can improve over time.
- Assist other departments of the Fishing Division as needed or assigned.
- Engage with product department on all item changes to effectively communicate new, discontinued or updated times to consumers.
- Represent company in a professional and knowledgeable manner at all events attended.
- Show or event set up and attendance as needed or assigned.
- Continual interaction with Digital, Marketing, and Sales teams.
- Detailed knowledge of digital marketing advertising and promotion.
- Strong graphic arts creative abilities with common programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
- Ability to write both technical and engaging articles, press releases and sales bulletins. Good understanding of writing style or tone based on the audience you are speaking to.
- Exceptional time management and planning skills.
- Ability to lead a team and manage effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate, write about and explain product technologies, features and benefits.
- Ability to travel, work extended show hours and willing to work outside of normal office hours.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work within various digital analytics platforms.
- 3 - 5 years of digital marketing and project management experience, with demonstrated success with traffic-driving strategies (SEM, content targeting/remarketing, nurturing, etc.) and web functionality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Industry and fishing knowledge and skills preferred.
- Ability to look at projects and issues in a creative manor and develop engaging concepts and media in all forms.
- Ability to work confidently and independently while representing Shimano in a professional manner.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or other related courses preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.