Sibanye-Stillwater is dependent on a healthy, skilled, trained and committed workforce, capable of completing tasks safely and productively. Efforts to develop and empower employees are ongoing, and form part of a drive to continuously improve the quality of life of those who sustain the Group’s business.
Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to fair and progressive employment practices; providing long-term employment opportunities with the scope for employees to grow and develop their potential. A strategic imperative is to protect the safety, health and wellbeing of employees. This takes precedence over production in every instance.
Location: East Boulder Mine
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Plan and execute surface and underground survey activities in a safe, efficient manner. Oversee and prepare maps and records of surveys; line and grade for UG excavations. Produce as-built drawings of excavations; measure excavation advances at determined intervals. Maintain and manage control point and survey files, both electronic and hard copy. Comply with State and Federal safety and environmental regulations and company policies and standards.
· Can perform survey calculations such as two-point resection, horizontal & vertical curves, inverse between points, coordinate points, and grade/slope calculations.
· Ability to do or learn to perform volume calculations using Vulcan Software.
· Ability to do or learn to calculate stope & development contracts, as well as calculate incentive bonus.
· Compile end-of-month development report without supervision.
· Ability to assume some of the responsibilities of the Chief Surveyor in their absence.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results