You will maintain and extend the EMC requirements and testing on a component and vehicle level for all Tesla high voltage components. You will work with all of the component teams to develop methods and standards to improve system level integration to meet international EMC requirements.
- Develop system and component level EMC requirements. Special focus on the EMC interaction of high-voltage or high-power components.
- Lead and contribute to design reviews for development efforts that are either (1) significant in scope, or (2) span multiple components
- Organize testing and documentation on component and vehicle level.
- Collaborate tightly with hardware teams to ensure efficient implementation and validation of new features, components, and systems.
- Previous experience in EMC compliance testing
- Thorough understanding of factors influencing EMC emissions and mitigating techniques.
- Fluency in relevant international EMC standards
- EMI/EMC modeling experience
- Greater than 5 years of engineering experience on multiple products that have entered production
- MSc., PhD. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.