At CoBank, our Senior Project Manager (Senior PM) will provide leadership and direction in the analysis, planning, execution and close-out of significant technology projects that have bank-wide impact. The Senior PM is responsible for the planning, tracking, budget, variances, change control and deliverables as defined for each project, and will coordinate resources from the Information Technology (IT) organization, the business community and/or external vendors and partners to drive projects to completion on time and within budget. The Senior PM will participate in establishing internal project management practices, and will provide consultation to CoBank executives regarding alternatives for achieving maximum benefit on the organization’s project investments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or information technology discipline.
- 8–10 years’ experience managing business process improvement and systems integration initiatives with on-time, on-budget delivery, using proven project management practices and structured methodologies; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing cost/benefit analyses for IT projects and developing/delivering executive level presentations.
- Ability to identify risk areas and proactively determine appropriate mitigation strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of common corporate business functions (financials, operations, customer relationship management, etc.).
- Strong understanding of technology components, methodologies and infrastructure requirements supporting the implementation of tightly integrated information technology solutions.
- Experience working with internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to exercise influence cross-functionally
- Experience managing the work of vendors, subcontractors and partners, and conducting vendor negotiations and contract development
- Strong teambuilding skills, with the ability to effectively facilitate and positively motivate teams to instill accountability for on-time and within budget project delivery.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple significant projects at one time
- Ability to independently develop roadmap and vision materials for a program encompassing multiple related projects.
- Ability to facilitate large group discussions for collaboration for planning, requirements, design and training/implementation project phases.
- Ability to execute project management coordination tasks with consistency for follow up, communication, and escalation.
- Ability to manage project problems and to identify and present alternatives.
- Ability to actively support Application Development objectives including to complete started initiatives, to implement quality and maintainable solutions, to consider short and long term implications of solutions, to provide a complete solution, and to insure overall architecture fit.
- Ability to inject forward momentum and drive a project forward.
- Ability to communicate clearly to executives, middle management, and project team members. This includes developing and leading communication sessions with executive management.
- Ability to quickly respond to ad hoc project inquiries at all levels of detail.
- Ability to gain and retain senior level CoBank confidence to execute complex projects.
- Ability to develop significant content expertise in the business area(s) where most projects are managed, (e.g. Treasury, Finance, Operations, Credit, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of MS Project and MS Office applications
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Occasional travel required.
- Availability for occasional work outside normal business hours.
- Certification in Project Management preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in financial services, lending/leasing business, agribusiness, communications and energy companies, international, and/or cooperatives preferred.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.