At CoBank, the Manager leads the development of an enterprise-wide Master Data Management (MDM) Strategy and execution roadmap. Advocates for the MDM initiative from conception to execution. Collaborates with the Data Governance Council and other stakeholders to leverage MDM capabilities for managing data quality and adherence to data standards and policies. Partners with a cross-functional team, executive leadership, subject matter experts and master data stewards to contribute to and influence the development of an overarching, holistic MDM strategy, and the enterprise-wide phased implementation and ongoing maintenance of the strategy with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Eight (8) or more years of data governance, data management, or related experience, with at least five (5) or more years of experience designing and implementing MDM solutions.
- Three (3) or more years of experience creating or managing a data governance program and providing data management leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building and maintaining highly reliable, robust and resilient MDM solutions, and driving their successful understanding, growth and implementation.
- Expertise in trends and best practices in MDM, Data Quality, Data Integration, Workflow, and Services.
- Experience with Informatica MDM toolset preferred.
- Proven experience with data and information architecture, including dimensional data modeling and schema design in data warehouses, and service design, development and implementation.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Capable of assessing business processes and scenarios and developing flexible and appropriate technical approaches to support business strategies and goals.
- Proven project management skills utilizing Agile methodology, with the ability to manage diverse, cross functional teams and a complex data oriented program, make recommendations for action, and produce on-time results.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to manage and schedule workload and projects in order to navigate peaks and prioritize multiple competing commitments.
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to gain cross-departmental consensus and champion the MDM function from conception to execution.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills. Able to lead teams, work collaboratively and build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of associates, management and executive leadership across the bank.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including the ability to understand and translate abstract concepts and ideas, and communicate in both a business and technical context to non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience in the financial services and/or agricultural industry, with a basic knowledge of banking and lending terminology preferred.
- Experience supporting projects in a regulatory, risk and compliance environment preferred.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.