Leads digital and social media strategy development, planning and execution in support of CoBank’s mission and business plan, and oversees the narrative for CoBank's earned (shares and likes), owned (web site and posts), paid (online advertising) and social media platforms. Develops and manages a team responsible for the identification, packaging, production and distribution of content that promotes CoBank's brand and service offerings. Directs social media and web site strategy, analysis, community management, governance and training supporting CoBank’s enterprise digital communications and marketing initiatives. Leads the team responsible for media relations, internal communications and content creation. Coordinates closely with corporate social responsibility, human resources, marketing, design and events teams, and collaborates with business line executives to advance the bank’s business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evolves and executes a comprehensive digital and content (web sites, intranet and social channels) vision and strategy for CoBank.
- Manages a team that can identify, develop, produce and distribute content that advances the CoBank brand and service offerings.
- Oversees media relations, internal communications and content creation.
- Creates and drives corporate content, and improves the usability and design of the company website and intranet. Collaborates with internal teams to optimize the user experience on these channels.
- Manages the social media strategy for the company, including the planning and execution of social media activities.
- Directs the social content calendar, publishing, responses and moderation. Develops and updates social media policies, user guidelines and other internal documentation, as appropriate.
- Manages, monitors and assesses opportunities for CoBank’s brand usage within the within the company’s online communities.
- Monitors trends, identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to leverage the digital profile and optimize spend and performance. Evaluates emerging technologies, and provides recommendations and expertise where appropriate.
- Promotes innovation in the digital space, and acts as an advocate for social media integration within the bank.
- Measures and reports on the performance of all digital-related campaigns and activities. Evaluates end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Collaborates with agencies and vendor partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant discipline.
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience, preferably in marketing and communications, online content creation, or other relevant field in a corporate business environment; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Demonstrated ability to manage social media campaigns for large enterprises
- Proven experience developing and implementing internal enterprise social media programs.
- Proven experience implementing content marketing principles and best practices, and applying Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) techniques.
- Experience using digital and social advertising platforms, tools and campaigns to support corporate initiatives, such as recruiting.
- Experience creating high-quality content for digital consumption, including writing for the web and social media, and editing and proofreading to ensure a high level of quality control.
- Experience using social media analytics platforms, including HootSuite and Google Analytics to pull key metrics and distill actionable insights, as well as email marketing platforms such as Exact Target or Constant Contact.
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage workload and prioritize and communicate tasks for multiple projects across the team and for other stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with all levels of management and staff in large, complex organizations, and to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills
- Strong management and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and lead a team to successfully deliver results.
- Knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of financial services preferred.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.