Available Internally & Externally 9/28/2017. Monthly Salary Range for external hires not affiliated with CTA is $5,326 - $5,805.
This position provides skilled assistance to regional and departmental field staff and members in a field office. Work is performed within established guidelines and procedures. Incumbent must exercise independent judgment and initiative and discretion in dissemination of sensitive information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Incumbent may perform any combination of the tasks listed below:
- Performs on-site property maintenance functions.
- Composes and prepares correspondence for staff and leadership from drafts, notes, disks and/or network.
- Edits reports and correspondence for style and correct English usage, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Answers the telephone and responds to inquiries from the public, members and staff as appropriate.
- Represents the CTA and provides assistance to members and chapter leaders requesting Association services, benefits and programs.
- Processes GLS referrals for CTA members as directed by UniServ staff.
- Makes timely referrals to appropriate staff and/or ensures inquiries receive a response in absence of person(s) to whom assigned.
- Compiles information and creates/maintains databases using current technology.
- Schedules appointments, travel arrangements as requested and maintains office calendars for assigned staff.
- Arranges and prepares for meetings and workshops and performs other required logistics.
- Assists Service Center Council, CTA and NEA elected leadership in the Association’s governance operation as directed through assigned UniServ staff.
- Provides assistance to the Governance Department in the coordination of State Council and the NEA Representative Assembly elections.
- Provides assistance to the Governmental Relations Department in the coordination of the CTA Legislative Recommendation Program as directed through assigned staff.
- Opens and processes mail including electronically transmitted materials.
- Edits to final form minutes of meetings.
- Establishes and maintains files and records.
- Maintains office telephone answering system.
- Performs logistical functions as assigned for conferences coordinated by the region.
- Plans, coordinates and follows through on large logistical projects.
- Performs designated office errands.
- Performs office management duties for RRC.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Minimum Required
- AA Degree and One (1) year of relevant experience or, high school diploma/G.E.D. and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Ability to learn and communicate CTA structure, policies, and procedures, programs and services.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow through on work assignments with little supervision.
- Ability to operate generally used office machines.
- Proficient word processing skills with minimum keyboarding speed of 55 wpm.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and the ability to learn and use the Association's software programs.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Ability to work well under considerable pressure, respond to emergencies, and solve routine office problems independently.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
* This position is in a bargaining unit represented by CAS. Salaries are established by a collective bargaining agreement. Step placement is also determined by the CTA/CAS Agreement.