Track and review all insurance policies held by the Company. Support policy renewals by preparing applications and providing documentation requested by insurance brokers and underwriters. Review and approves incoming incident reports and distribute information to relevant parties. Obtain documents, reports and other materials to comply with existing policy requirements. Analyze portfolio and policy data. Assist with resolution of property and general liability claims. Assist the Finance and Asset Management teams in developing insurance costs during the annual business planning and budget process. Support the Risk Management department through the timely processing of department invoices, distribution of insurance-related materials, and prompt response to documentation and information requests. Interacts with Asset Management, Operations, Finance, Legal and Construction teams as well as external property management and brokerage firms to provide, gather, and organize information to support the department.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in the collection, analysis and data input of exposure and policy data for all lines of insurance carried by the Company.
- Reviews and approves all online loss notification reports and distributes details to adjusters, insurance broker contacts, the accounting department and other related parties. Ensures claim data is appropriately transferred to risk management information system.
- Assists with resolution of property and general liability, claims by communicating with adjusters, tracking claim progress, providing relevant contracts and closing internal files upon claim resolution.
- Prepares applications for insurance policy renewals. Obtains all supporting documentation, schedules and spreadsheets and verifies the accuracy of same. Assists with submission of renewal documents to the insurance brokers.
- Verifies development activity by collecting and organizing contracts, policies and insurance certificates and comparing to appropriate contracts, leases or agreements.
- Maintains and updates the schedule of insurance for all insurance policies carried by the Company. Responsible for verifying inventory of all insurance policies, including flood insurance, and scanning all policies into the Company’s document management system. Follows up with insurance brokers and carriers to obtain any outstanding policies.
- Processes all insurance premium and other department invoices.
- Assists with routine insurance request processing including certificates, paid premium letters, policy inquiries and other related inquiries.
- Interacts with Transactions, Accounting, Legal and regional property managers to identify and resolve outstanding issues.
- Performs related functions such as responding to routine questions from property management and assisting in completing department projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Knowledge of general insurance policies, accounting and real estate at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in risk management, real estate, finance or a related field.
- Approximately two to three years related experience in an insurance brokerage, carrier or in-house risk management department is desired.
- Excellent written communication, interpersonal, organizational and verbal communication skills to respond promptly to internal and external inquiries with courtesy and professionalism.
- Solid work ethic, goal oriented and generally intellectually curious.
- Computer skills necessary to enter and manipulate words and data and use standard microcomputer-based software to communicate with others, prepare documentation, and/or analyze data. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
This position requires work in an office setting. It is not necessary to lift more than five pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GLP offers competitive salaries and a robust benefits program which includes 401(k), comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans and more.
We are committed to a diverse workforce. EOE M/F D/V