Title: Security Officer
Department: Goldbelt Security
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary/Grade Level: DOE
Reports to (Supervises/Liaison): Supervisor or Management
The Security Officer, working independently or as part of a team, is responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security of assets, personnel, and others at his/her assigned site. This position may include guiding and controlling traffic, activity at assigned location(s) in order to provide safe crossing for pedestrians and offer assistance to visitors. This position is supervised by the Supervisor, and/or Management.
JOB D UT IES
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education and experience)
· High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Six (6) months of experience dealing with the public.
· Ability to obtain a Security Guard license issued by the State of Alaska.
· Ability to pass a background check.
· If applicable, ability to obtain basic first aid and CPR certification within three (3) months of hire.
· If applicable, ability to pass a drug test.
· If applicable, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
· If applicable, *State Contract* requires three (3) years of experience in a work environment requiring safety and security precautions; i.e. previous military, law enforcement or security experience within the last ten (10) years.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education and experience)
The work is performed at the Client’s work site, which may be inside or outside a building, with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crises situations. The position may work outside with constant exposure to the elements and constant contact and interaction with the public which may include dealing with irate or confused people. May be subject to: environmental allergens, irate or intoxicated individuals, and vulgar language. Irregular work hours, nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call duty may be required.
The work sites are non-smoking facilities with designated outside-smoking areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require duties on foot in the assigned area, exposed to the elements. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk, stand, step up and down from curb, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, use hands and fingers to operate, hold, handle, or feel objects and tools. May occasionally need to climb stairs or run.