We are currently seeking a Groundsperson/General Hand to join our Staff Accommodation team on Hamilton Island. In this role you will ensure that all Hamilton Island Staff Accommodation property is delivered & stored safely, effectively and efficiently.
This is a 6 month contract, with living on the mainland and commuting daily to work
About The Role:
- Bin enclosures are kept to a high level of health and hygiene and are litter free
- Storage areas and storage sheds are kept clean and tidy
- All Hamilton Island Staff property is stored correctly and safely
- Undertake heavy lifting tasks when required
- Report on safety hazards and damages throughout Staff Accommodation
- Pick up broken/faulty items from Staff Accommodation and delivering to appropriate areas
- Commute from Airlie Beach
- 6 month contract role
- Experience in a maintenance/construction/handyperson role
- A current open manual drivers licence
- Excellent personal presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- You must be able to work as part of a multi functioned team and assist other trades persons as required
- Although not essential to this role, experience in Tourism / Resort environment would be desirable
Culture and Benefits:
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers