Pastry Demi Chef required within the award winning Bommie Restuarant, situated in the iconic and striking Hamilton Island Yacht Club.
About The Role
- Live on island position
- Full time permanent position; shifts on a rotating roster
- Bommie Restaurant – a la carte signature restaurant open Tues-Sat nights
- Three function rooms; events
- Prepare and serve fine Modern Australian cuisine
- Achieve consistent high standards of food quality and production
- Maintain Hamilton Island’s consistent standards of excellence
- Michelin star or hatted restaurant experience advantageous
- Intermediate pastry knowledge
- Able to work unsupervised and follow instructions
- Genuine passion for pastry
- Able to work well as part of a team
Island of Opportunity
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers