Our breathtaking Hamilton Island Marina is seeking a Assistant Manager to join their team.
Responsible for assisting in the operations of the Marine Department through office administrations, monitoring of 2-way radios, coordination of berth allocations and responding to general enquiries to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
About the role:
- Monitor 2-way Island and 2-way VHF radios on arriving and departing of vessels into Hamilton Harbour, for berthing / mooring for the Marina
- Respond to general enquires and complaints in a pleasant and efficient manner, taking positive action to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure all information on arriving and departing vessels is up to date and accurate. Ensure all harbour operations with regards to vessels requiring fuelling etc is noted into the day diary and appropriate people are notified of goings-on
- Marina Customer files are to be kept up to date and accurate ensuring all relevant paper work is on file. Ensuring all accounting procedures are in place and monitored
- Maintain effective channels of communications; attend department briefings and employee meetings ensuring all relevant information is passed between the appropriate parties
- Ensure uniform, grooming, hygiene and workplace health and safety practices are in accordance with the Workplace Health and safety Act and the Hamilton Island Standards
- Perform any additional tasks as requested by the Marina Manager
- Assist in any Emergency and volunteer work associated with the safety of staff and guests and cleanliness of the island as required
- Responsible for customer service to all guests in the Hamilton Island Marina and Hamilton Island Boatyard
- End of day cash up
- Training new staff in their roles
- Marina Operations Experience (Essential)
- Higher School Certificate (Essential)
- Strong experience in the Marine Industry (Essential)
- Boat licence (Essential)
- Full driver’s licence (Essential)
- Coxswain Ticket (Desirable)
- Motivating personality
- Creativity and initiative
- Leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers