Hamilton Island is seeking a Sous Chef to take charge of Mariners, a seafood lover’s dream with picturesque views overlooking the marina.
About The Role
- Live on island position
- Full time permanent position; shifts on a rotating roster
- Hands on leader, guide the next generation of culinary professionals
- Make the venue your own, take ownership with guidance from the executive chef
- Michelin star or hatted restaurant experience advantageous
- Seafood experience essential
- Work in a small team to achieve consistent high standards of food quality and production
- Must have successfully completed Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery
- Minimum 6 years full-time experience in upmarket a la carte restaurants
- Experience in leading service, training and motivating kitchen teams
- Demonstrated experience working in different sections
- Reliable and flexible attitude
- Willingness to work hard and contribute to the success of your team
Island of Opportunity
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers