Bread Baker II
Reports to the Bakery Lead - Bread
The Bread Baker II will work primarily on bread-related products. Professional experience in artisan bread production is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Ability to mix, shape and bake consistent, high-quality bread and associated bread products
- Ability to work accurately and quickly from ingredient scaling through baking
- Ability to understand and utilize baker’s math in the daily work setting
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, standard commercial baking equipment
- Bakery administration as necessary (duties may include product ordering, communication with internal and external accounts)
- Professional experience in an artisan production bakery is required
- Completion of a four-year college degree program (culinary or otherwise) is good but not required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Desire to produce consistent, high-quality bakery products
- Flexibility with scheduling:
- Availability to work different shifts to help with scheduling and absence coverage
- Availability to work weekends
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to interact well with others (team members, customers, etc.) in all situations
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work well in a group under pressure
- Willing to share space, ingredients, and equipment with coworkers during production
- Willing to do the dishes and sanitize bakery
- A desire for continuously improving baking skills
- Infectious enthusiasm for baking
COGNITIVE, PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for 8-hour shift
- Stamina to work quickly and accurately in a busy production bakery.
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.