Reports to Café Chef
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for the daily preparation of the café kitchen under the supervision of the Café Sous Chef or Shift leader. Those responsibilities may consist of opening or closing the café kitchen, prepping product for service, preparing soups, slicing, portioning, checking in product and working the line.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Daily preparation and cleanup of all prepared foods in a timely efficient manner.
- Adherence to state regulations for food safety at all times.
- Preparations, set up, and cleanup of catering orders as needed.
- Maintain all prepared foods procedures and processes.
- Maintain best practice standards for both presentation and quality of product being served.
- Function in a very busy environment
- Basic knife Skills
- Food Safety training or willing to complete within one year
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work weekends.
- Ability to effectively work with a team.
- Maintain and work a consistent work schedule.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs continually.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to bend and stoop continually.
- Ability to use small ladder or step stools.
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in a hot environment.