Associate Brand Manager
Reports to the Brand Manager
Please include cover letter when applying.
King Arthur Flour, the nation’s oldest baking company, is seeking a driven Associate Brand Manager (ABM) to play an important role in managing our growing portfolio of national grocery products. In support of our company mission to inspire connections and community by spreading the joy of baking, the ABM will have a hand in the success of our products by executing programs, analyzing results, and serving as a cross-functional liaison with other departments contributing to the daily operations of our products. On a daily basis, this will involve communication and coordination with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and R&D to monitor and report on product performance, support development and execution of product line strategy, and bring new products to market.
For this highly analytical role, the ideal candidate will have a track record of using rigorous data analysis to tell a story and inform strategic decision-making. A creative and organized thinker, they must be able to balance daily product management demands with a lens to market trends and influences that impact our long-term strategy. As a member of our newly formed Brand Management team, the ABM will have the exciting opportunity to develop a new function while supporting the authentic legacy of a 227 year old brand.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
Supports Brand Manager in all activities related to King Arthur Flour grocery product lines, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Use syndicated and internal sales data to report on own product performance as well as identify competitor and category trends.
- Contribute to preparation and delivery of monthly and quarterly product line reviews to key stakeholders within the company.
- Contribute to regular P&L analysis to ensure brand profitability and achievement of margin targets.
- Monitor pricing with regard to competitive trends and ingredient costing; recommend corrective action as needed.
- Support development of annual brand planning process.
- Work with digital, shopper, and trade marketing teams to develop and execute marketing plans in support of product line goals.
- Analyze effectiveness of national product marketing programs and recommend corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinate packaging changes and development of new product packaging with operations, creative, and sales teams.
- Use consumer insights and sales data to regularly evaluate product performance and evolution of long-term product line strategy.
- Coordinate new product development efforts for existing product lines with R&D team.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lead interdisciplinary teams to achieve time-bound objectives through organized project management and motivational leadership
- High-level of productivity, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Analytical thinker with ability to turn data into insights and recommendations
- Supportive team-player who enjoys collaborative as well as independent projects
- Entrepreneurial self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to new/changing processes
- Strong desire to learn, matched with the ability to apply new concepts quickly and effectively
- Ability to prioritize multiple ongoing products as needed to meet organizational demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Genuine enthusiasm for King Arthur Flour mission and products, commitment to living our values
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience at a consumer products company or in a consulting role with a strong track record of using data to deliver insights and inform decision-making
- Experience using syndicated sales data (IRI, SPINS, Nielsen) to monitor product performance and recommend corrective action as needed