Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Writer (IC Design & Verification) - 6128
Job Location: US – OR - Wilsonville or US - CA - Fremont
Job Category: Technical Writing
Are You a Striped Bass?
Looking for a good Technical Writer is much like fishing in a large pond for striped bass. Sometimes you get tuna. Sometimes you get trout. Sometimes you get an old boot. No matter how many times you cast your line, it's only on very rare occasions that you find your coveted striped bass.
Mentor – a Siemens Business, a leader in the Electronics Design Automation (EDA) industry, is looking for a technical writer for its IC design, manufacture, test, and verification software products. Working closely with a talented design staff, you will be responsible for documenting new technologies as well as proven product lines.
Our open position is located in:
Wilsonville, Oregon or Fremont, California
Our ideal candidates will have the following:
- BS/MS in a technical degree (such as EE, CS, Physics, or Applied Math; new graduates will be considered)
- Demonstrable interest/experience in the IC design industry
- An understanding of schematic capture, layout, IC verification and manufacture, or Design for Test is a plus
- Polished ability to write concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding investigative research instincts
- Multitasking and/or project management capabilities
- A portfolio of success stories and writing samples
Our writing team provides the following environment:
- A group with decades of combined experience (and a sense of humor)
- Training to gain knowledge in the field
- Involvement in every level of documentation production for multiple books
- Ability to innovate and improve documentation standards
If you are a writer with a highly technical background, an engineer looking for a career change, or a new college graduate with a technical degree and strong writing and interpersonal skills, please apply.
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.