Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Systems Administrator - 7767
Job Location: USA – OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Information Technology
Mentor Graphics is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
Mentor’s Information Technology department strategically supports our engineers and corporate staff in more than 75 offices and R&D centers around the globe. Our vision is to deliver exceptional services by results oriented employees through innovative, cost-effective, global solutions developed in collaboration with our customers.
Suitable applicants will act as a technical expert for the Systems Administration Team. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Software and hardware support and troubleshooting (including repairs as needed) for both Windows and Linux environments
• Working with vendors for support issues
• OS Installations including virtual desktops and servers
• Process automation and improvement
• Help Desk tickets for customer issues
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• Must have 3+ years of professional experience in Systems Administration supporting Windows clients and Servers as well as Unix and Linux
• Must have in-depth knowledge supporting and administering servers and workstations in a large, multi-site, enterprise-wide environment. Global experience preferred
• Virtualization experience with VMWare products, VDI is a plus
• Must possess scripting abilities (Shell/Perl/PowerShell etc.) and must possess process automation experience
• Knowledge of software distribution, managed desktop, and remote server management tools is required
• Must have solid understanding of problem management, incident management, and change control processes
• Experience supporting software development engineers. Must perform problem resolution in an effective and timely manner in accordance with SLA's and customer expectations
• Must understand networking protocols and be able to diagnose network related problems at the client level
• Demonstrate time management and prioritization skills to accommodate business requirements and managing scheduled activities
• Must work well in a team environment and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• The ideal candidate must be able to adapt to a wide variety of duties, including end user support, project deadlines and commitments, data center systems management and monitoring, and many other aspects of IT
• Must work one weekend each quarter for scheduled maintenance, with occasional on-call or special activities after hours
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.