Chief of Party, USAID/Indonesia Harmoni –
Toward Inclusion and Resilience Activity
The anticipated, four-year USAID-funded activity will increase the resilience of key Indonesian institutions and communities against the rise of violent extremism in Indonesia. The activity will focus on community resilience, rehabilitation of extremists and migrant worker resilience by identifying drivers of violent extremism in Indonesia and partnering with local organizations to implement countering violent extremism (CVE) activities. The project’s head office will be based in Jakarta.
The chief of party (COP) is responsible for the technical management and administration of the project. In coordination with USAID/Indonesia, s/he will supervise all project staff and provide oversight of the grant portfolio, ensuring that procedures are established and compiled for grant development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and grant closing. The candidate will be capable of providing the leadership and diplomacy required for implementing the project with USAID, MSI and local partners, and instill the necessary confidence in key personnel or component heads to directly brief and update USAID on project operations, performance, monitoring, research and analysis.
- Advanced university degree (master’s or higher) in political science, conflict studies, or any other relevant social science.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior management position in development programs related to CVE interventions, political transition, stabilization, conflict mitigation, governance and/or civil society.
- Prior COP experience preferable.
- An understanding of the Indonesian cultural and political context is preferred. Experience in South-east Asia required.
- Previous experience managing USG donor-led projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and advance complex, politically sensitive activities.
- Understanding of the financial and logistical procedures required to manage a large activity with multiple small sub-awards.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a large, diverse team.
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.