Chief of Party, Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) IDIQ, Amman, Jordan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com .
Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) is an anticipated large, complex USAID IDIQ that will support basic services and infrastructure to help rebuild parts of Syria torn apart by conflict. The project is expected to begin in June 2019.
The chief of party (COP) will provide overall technical and managerial leadership for the IDIQ mechanism and potentially multiple task orders. This position will have oversight of both technical experts and operational staff who will travel frequently in fragile environments. The COP will lead communication and reporting to USAID and where relevant work closely with government officials. This will be a highly demanding position considering the size, scope and complexity of the project within Syria’s context. This is a full-time position expected to start in June 2019.
- Provide overall technical and managerial leadership of the program. This will include both overseeing the development of technical proposals in response to RFTOPs, as well as oversight of task order implementation.
- Communicate effectively and frequently to USAID and government officials, including ad hoc requests for information.
- Oversee a diverse team. Monitor their movement and be ultimately responsible for the safety and security of staff.
- Coordinate with government officials and other donors in the region on project activities and movement of goods and services.
- Monitor the project’s budget and financial health.
- Ensure work performed by subcontractors, as required, meets expectations.
- Oversee the completion of all deliverable required under the contract, as well as compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in a relevant field required. Degrees may include international development, public administration, political science, engineering or governance.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience supervising complex, fast-paced, politically sensitive field operations in similar positions is required. USAID experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable in conflict or post-conflict environments.
- Experience representing programs to senior government officials (U.S. and foreign), key stakeholders and other international donors is a must.
- Deep knowledge of the MENA region is required. Experience working in the region is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required. Ability to speak Arabic preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com