Los Angeles-based Outlook Amusements, Inc. is a fast-growing entertainment company with a worldwide customer base. Our in-house brand, California Psychics, is the premiere live psychic and astrology network and leading publisher of horoscope and astrological content. We are looking for an Associate Manager that will help oversee our Advisor Services department. If you are a customer service oriented people manager, this maybe a great fit for you!
The Associate Manager of Advisor Support is responsible for the day to day functions of the support team. The primary function is to make sure daily tasks are distributed to the Support Coordinators and all inquiries from our psychic advisors are responded to in a timely fashion. The team functions like an HR group and manages 450+ worldwide Independent Contractors and their ongoing needs—this position manages “the corporate home base” point of contact. Inquiries range from accounting needs, payroll questions, technology issues/questions, promotions, and customer complaints. These can be responded to via e-mails or phone sessions.
Managing the Support Coordinators is a pivotal focus for this position and requires strong communication. In addition this role monitors psychic advisor activity, staffing, and identifies trends via research and data metrics. It is also expected that the Associate Manager be a driving force behind the growth of the business and implementation of strategies set forth by the Manager of Advisor Services.
In this position, you will report to our Manager of Advisor Services and manage three support coordinators
What you are responsible for:
- Management of Support Coordinators:
- Assist the Manager of Advisor Services with day to day management of the Support Coordinators by facilitating weekly meetings, delegating tasks and administering annual reviews
- Assist the Support Coordinators in solving tech issues and escalating to tech team management when needed
- Handle escalated psychic advisor calls for the Support Coordinators
- Support of Psychic Advisors:
- Assess Psychics, call and email psychics to provide job performance feedback or termination of contracts
- Provide supplementary phone and email support to psychics
- Assist customer service in communicating with psychics regarding feedback and process
- Provide summaries of de-activations, proposal summaries, and tech reports
- Review customer testimonials for our brand website and notify psychics of concerns
- Review and Manage operational analysis of metrics:
- Assist the Manager of Advisor Services with refining the psychic support operations and addressing any scalability issues
- Review psychic stats on a weekly basis and report on individual highlights and trends
- Develop reports on key metrics for upper management
- Driving force behind staffing and growth:
- Assist Manager and Director with various research projects in effort of driving business initiatives
What you need to be successful in this role:
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience; human resources or customer service background preferred
- 3 years’ experience managing/training others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with clients and internal teams; communication and presentation skills are required
- Must be flexible and have the ability to deal with ambiguity, manage and resolve conflicts, and prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with diverse perspectives on spirituality
- Ability to create and implement strategic plans
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and take ownership for projects and responsibilities
- Experience with MS Office especially Excel
- Ability to gracefully shift priorities and be able to handle change
- Committed to company mission and customer’s needs
- Transfers thoughts and expresses ideas effectively individually or in a group setting
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability in doing their job and being there for his/her team
- Develops cooperation and teamwork and works towards solutions that generally benefit all parties involved
- Position requires the ability to work extended hours on a computer.
- The qualities, responsibilities and requirements listed above are representative of the education, knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Outlook Amusements is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Outlook Amusements we understand the importance of creating a harmonious balance between the needs of the organization and the needs of employees and their families. As a result, we have designed a complete comprehensive employee benefits package to meet your health, financial and retirement wellbeing. In addition to being centrally located near the 134 and 5 freeways in the Burbank Media District, our facilities are state of the art and include an on-site gym.
- Robust benefit plans for staff members including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Flex 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Pre-Tax Contributions
- Medical Reimbursement (Employer contributes $250 to Account)
- Dependent Care Spending Account Reimbursement
- Retirement – 401K Program (Employer match program included)
- Paid Bereavement
- Paid Adoption / Baby Care Leave
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Parking
- Commute Reimbursements
- Free Psychic Readings
- Fully Stocked Refrigerator
- Free On-Site Yoga Classes
- Subsidized membership to On-site Gym
Please note that the above job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Outlook Amusements and the employee. Outlook Amusements has sole discretion to change the job description as its needs and the job requirements change.
Outlook Amusements Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.